Another Wheel Size Thread

2double02

I bought a set of Panasport 15x6" wheels with 25mm offset today. I am second guessing the purchase based on several folks saying a 29mm offset is preferred. Can anyone comment? I plan to install bavauto sport springs that will lower the car 1.75-2.00" and run 195/50/15 tires. Any experience with the wheels and offset?

Thank you!

You have nothing to worry about. I don't have experience with those specific wheels, but I'm sure they will fit fine. I have run 6" wide wheels with an offset as low as 18 without much rubbing. And that was on 195/50 tires too. An offset of 25 should fit like a charm!

I'm not entirely sure, I have 25 offset and get more rubbing than I like, eating paint on rolled fenders.  http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/141155-what-is-the-best-solution-for-some-more-clearance-on-front-wheels/page-2

you have 7in wheels.  OP has 6in wide wheels. big difference.  narrower rim will pinch the tire in a bit creating more clearance.

tire size is half the battle.  any wheel spec will only work if the right size tire is used with it.

and the ride height and spring stiffness are huge factors.  there is no one "that wheel will definitely fit" answer.  there are many variables that effect whether a wheel/tire/spring/strut/fender/etc combo will work

Archived