Interior Color

Stuart

Planning ahead.  Interior color choice with a Chamonix 72? 

1. All black - front & rear seats, interior panels front and back, carpet kit

2. All blue - same

3. All tan/tobacco - same

Anyone have any pictures of these options? 

The car currently has recaros with a blue cloth covering front and back and I'm not a fan of the shade of blue and it looks strange against the standard blue door panels.

Stuart

Earlier white 02s came with a dark blue or black interior, although only black was listed.   Story I got years ago was that there were a lot of leftover dark blue seats from NK cars so they used 'em in 2002s...although NK seats were different (didn't tilt) so that sounds bogus.  Not sure if blue was available on white cars in '72, but I know for sure the tobacco/caramel wasn't.  It was used on Malaga, Nevada, Sahara and Agave cars.

mike

And later (i.e., square taillight) Chamonix cars largely appeared to have navy blue interiors. Attached is a photo taken from the standard color chart for '75 and '76 cars. It shows navy blue as the standard color for Chamonix. (On the other hand, it also shows gray -- rare in the U.S. -- as the standard color for Malaga, whereas most U.S. Malaga cars seemed to have had beige interiors.)

That said, and having had an early '70 Chamonix-with-blue car, I'm partial to blue with Chamonix, don't recall many -- if any -- Chamonix-with-black cars from the "middle period," i.e., '71 through '73, and tend to approach all but the earliest Chamonix-with-black cars cautiously, speculating that they may have had an interior change.

This is my long way of saying, I vote for blue with Chamonix, but it's obviously your choice to make!

Regards,

Steve

post-41123-0-37910300-1375029586_thumb.j

I like the blue and I like the tan even though it was not a factory option on the Chamonix. The car has a set of Recaros in it that are blue cloth and the blue color is a horrible blue that is not even close to the blue on the door panels.  Is there a blue seat covering for Recaros that is a good match with the blue door panels?

I like the blue and I like the tan even though it was not a factory option on the Chamonix. The car has a set of Recaros in it that are blue cloth and the blue color is a horrible blue that is not even close to the blue on the door panels.  Is there a blue seat covering for Recaros that is a good match with the blue door panels?

You can buy matching German vinyl in the navy blue color (sometimes referred to as marine blue). World Upholstery and BMW sold it as recently as a year ago. I'll bet you can also find it from other suppliers. It's not cheap but it's a good match!

Steve