How Is The Redline Weber 32/36 2002 Kit Jetted?

Nevada71

So I got a Redline Weber 32/36 kit from Ireland Engineering, brought it to Martin Motorsports for installation, and it runs way rich, even when leaned out. Clearly, I need different jets but I need to know what is already in there to know what to order. Martin tells me they have no idea what the set up was, and suggests I send it back to Ireland. Ireland tells me they have no idea what the setup is on the kit they sell. Redline tells me they have no idea and they need to do some research (that was last week - no response). It seems amazing to me that nobody can tell me what the hell is in there so I can just buy the right parts!

I have the famous CD formula, but rather than just order everything based on that, I'd like to know what is already in it so I can get an idea of where the problem lies. Does anybody know the answer, or where I can find it?

Thanks!

If none of the above parties knows the answer then the only thing to do is disassemble and check the markings on the jets.

Poor that it is sold as a 'kit' but doesn't have a baseline setting for an 02. I am sure that Redline have all the jets on hand and could send them out with a good attempt at the correct jets

The story here is not quite correct.  When you called the person that handled your order was off sick for a couple days.  I ask/suggested that you check what jets are in the carb, or at least check the idle jets.  With that info we could help solve your problems.  I believe that was our last contact.  If you purchased the parts from us we will always try to help.

Jeff Ireland

That is true, and I do appreciate your willingness to help, but the fact remains that no one, not even Redline it seems, can tell me what the baseline is on that carb.

Because when it comes from Redline (or a knockoff brand) it is not jetted for your car (in fact the jetting on an untouched carb STILL varies [even if the brochure "claims" to have a certain baseline]) so no, they wouldn't be able to tell you.  AND once it's IE, its true there are baselines for different known parameters [cam, etc]) but often the jetting will deviate given additional info on the car, these small changes are often not written down.

The part that is impossible to calculate is that every engine ends up being a little different (age/wear of the internal bits in the engine, how its driven, etc.).  and this is the stage you're now at. (contrary to general forum consensus, its unrealistic to expect a "formula" to work) This is the part that you initially pay a bit more for, IE will help work with you/your shop to first insure you and/or the shop is tuning the carb correctly and help with needed changes.

It's not efficient but its effective.

Edited by AceAndrew

I get that additional tuning will be needed and that it varies from engine to engine, but without knowing what jets it ships with, I don't know which jets to order. And I'd rather not just order a bunch blind and hope that some of them work. I assumed that a carb with a given part number would have the same jets supplied, but apparently this is not the case. Time to unbolt it and pull the jets to see what is in there. Something that probably should have done before the install...

Just to be clear, I don't blame IE for not having the mechanical specs, I am just frustrated that the information does not exist.

baseline jetting is "very" ganeric term. the thing that trips me out is that most of the 02's out there are carburated  and most people that own them no very little about carbs or jetting. as evident of these regular questions titled (jetting perscription) WTF? this isnt rocket science peeps. the reason why carburators lasted as long as they did is because they wear simple and provided good driveability but emmisions wear bad.