GregF

Hi All,

The original 008 dizzy in my 73 2002tii needs a rebuild. Does anybody have a source that still does this? I'm north of Seattle. Fortunately I was able to source a spare 009 that works perfectly in my car from Patrick at Midnight Motorsports, but I need to rebuild mine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Feel free to contact me directly at gjfazzio@comcast.net or answer through the forum.

Thank you!

Greg

Is there another option besides a rebuild or rolling the dice and buying  used? The weights get stuck in the full advanced position after a drive at higher speeds and then it is difficult to keep the car going once slowed down. Also, the thin material that the weights ride or slide on has deteriorated to the point where it is crumbling apart. In fact, I used removed all that material thinking that's what was causing the weights to hang up. I'll search Advaced in the meantime. Thanks much.

Jeff did a great job rebuilding my 240k mile dizzy and recurving the advance to take better advantage of the 284 cam and 9.5 pistons./  Car runs great now on strictyly mechanical advance (it's carbureted).  He left the (disconnected) vacuum advance unit on so that it looks original, but the vacuum line is plugged.

Good work, reasonable price, good turnaround.

mike

i just put an ireland distributer in my 73 tii and it runs like a charm. Brand new , built for tii and has electronics, no points! and all for $180.00. Can't beat that. I checked the advance with a digital timing light and it is bang on spec.

Bill

Vancouver bc

Bill,

I was thinking about the IE dizzy as well. Good to know that it works as advertised. Patrick at Midnight Motorsports gave it a thumbs up too. I guess I'm leaning toward keeping things as stock as possible. But it's good to know that I have options.

4901 15th Ave NW

http://autosportseattle.com/

looks like they're in Ballard now.

Yup, give them a shot.  They're a couple of odd ducks who can get all sorts of

parts, and Jonnie knows the M10 engine pretty well. 

I'm making the ASSumption that the distributor machine made the move from North Lake Land Grab

to Ballard, though...

t

Archived