Seat Belts, Your Input Is Greatly Appreciated.

ma.jomaa

I just bought the rear lap belts from this seller. I haven't put them in yet but they appear to be of good quality. 

On a side note the seller of the ebay belts is the infamous Select Classics in Texas... The business card was in the shipping box I got.

Over the winter I am going to get a full set from Bluedevils. 

To be continued....

Edited by Ben in Denver

I read about the blue devils and they're out of my budget, for the mean time I think I'll go ahead and buy the ones on ebay.

think about what you just wrote.  seatbelts are a critical safety item.  this is one of the key places on the car to NOT CHEAP OUT.  delay the big brakes, fancy seats, airdam, suspension upgrades or whatever....get good seatbelts.  bluedevils seat belts are just not that much more expensive!!!!!

I bought front belts from this seller about a year ago. Only issue is that the receiver is a little shorter than original so I kind of have to twist around and reach back between the front seats to hook them up. Not a big issue. I have no doubt that bluedevil makes a great product that is well worth the money, but I think this is one of those decisions that can be different for different folks. I don't track my car, or autocross, hell, I barely drive it, but when I do, I just need that black strap across my shoulder to avoid getting another $50 ticket from the local police. As I get older I find myself listening more and more to that voice in my head saying "This might not be safe. Don't do it", but I do think there are times that good is good enough. Should be left up to the individual and their situation to decide.

think about what you just wrote.  seatbelts are a critical safety item.  this is one of the key places on the car to NOT CHEAP OUT.  delay the big brakes, fancy seats, airdam, suspension upgrades or whatever....get good seatbelts.  bluedevils seat belts are just not that much more expensive!!!!!

I hear you, I just can't justify paying close to $300 for front seatbelts.

, I just need that black strap across my shoulder to avoid getting another $50 ticket from the local police.

wow.  maybe you could get a t-shirt with a seatbelt screen printed on it instead?  cheaper and easier!  (kidding! :) )

----------------

another thought to those who are still using tattered 40 year old belts or cheap belts.....do you warn your passengers that the black strap imitating a seatbelt is just decorative?

everyone has their own standards..but I had full new set of bluedevil stuff in my car until i put new 6 pt harnesses in the car with current FIA dates on them.

wow.  maybe you could get a t-shirt with a seatbelt screen printed on it instead?  cheaper and easier!  (kidding! :) )

----------------

another thought to those who are still using tattered 40 year old belts or cheap belts.....do you warn your passengers that the black strap imitating a seatbelt is just decorative?

everyone has their own standards..but I had full new set of bluedevil stuff in my car until i put new 6 pt harnesses in the car with current FIA dates on them.

So... you have a quality set for sale now? ;-)

Cheers,

(I have a bluedevils set also)

call 2002AD over in Pomona, he may have a used one.  I bought one maybe 20 years ago ......

http://2002ad.com/

another idea:  if you can figure out how to rewind the spring, or install a new spring, I'll let you borrow my original seat belt (driver's side, if that makes a difference).  We can meet at Lum Ka Naad in Reseda for lunch next week if this is something you want to try ......

Cheers,

Carl

I've had good luck with rewinding the spring.  Even better luck when I was given a NOS BMW set for free by total stranger.  But, apart from spring and actually more important - critically important - is the interital loack mechansim.  Again, I've had luck in cleaning it out to where it would lock.  But, not as well as a new set.  A belt that does not lock is useless as it does nothing.

B