Camber Plate Install

RyanSipat

First time posting on this new layout, hello, I bought some camber plates awhile back at bayarea02, and i was wondering one which side of the strut mount does it go on. Does it go on the bottom of the strut mount with the bolts of the camber plate going through the holes of the strut mount? Or do you just put it on top, needing 3 extra small bolts to hold the camber plate and the strut mount together? 

Ryan

HBChris's answer makes most sense. If you put it under the strut mount with just 3 bolts going through it doesn't do anything there. Benefit would be purely mental.

When installed you will see from top how the struts have moved inwards, not centered to the hole in body anymore. Then the installation is correct.

Tommy

I bought a total of 6 m8 x1.25 bolts from Osh to bolt down the camber plate to the strut mount. So, from top to bottom, I have it like this, camber plate>strut mount>top hat>etcetc. In regards to "strut mount>camber plate>tophat", the strut mount seemed to have no negative camber when bolted up to the car. The strut mount was only in a different position (it was more in, towards the engine which is negative camber rather than top dead center) when I installed the camber plate on top of the strut mount. Thanks y'all.

Ryan

Archived