Vdo Oil Sending Unit Part Number?

Go to solution Solved by Emyers,

• Solution

Here you go...recently replaced mine....looks like we have the same setup.

Qty  Part No  Name                                                      

---  -------  ---------------------------------------------------------   

1  360-025  Pressure Sender: 0-150 PSI/10 Bar - 1/8-27 NPT - 11.4 PSI  

Earl

74 02Lux

02 M Roadster

72 Volvo 1800ES

Hope you're not having an oil pressure problem

Me too. The warning light very seldom flickers at idle rpm but the psi gauge stays at 12ish then a constant 30psi @ 2500rpm to about 65psi when @ 4500-5000rpm. I have only seen the light flicker 2 times. Once like 8 months ago and once the other day when driving for a long period at low rpm in the Golden road cruise traffic...The sender is 80s vintage. Do they go out?

Edited by Ben in Denver

Get a compression and leak down done. Know where your ring seal is at. What is your oil consumption after a change and new filter. Where does your gauge read before and after a new filter from cold to operating temp? Search the faq for pressure readings. It doesnt sound off. full oil capacity the other day?

Edited by daron

Engine compression and leak down mostly for background info on oil consumption and oil breakdown. Low oil pressure is oil pump related. But if you are at a degenerated state of tune, we had spoken before of doing a rebuild. New oil pump, gear and chain.

I have had faulty senders also. So get a good gauge hooked up to the sender port. Shut it off if dummy light. You saw what happened to me. Doesnt take long to seize up.

As i heard yesterday. Uh...yeah....no.

I think there is a write up in the tech section.

General auto tech here.

Engine operating temp. All plugs out. Throttle open 4-6 cranks each plug port. Record each crank step. This is called dry

Add an ounce of oil to cylinder and do again. This is called wet.

Even across all four cylinders, is what you want. Remember that altitude will give lower static compression results, as well that you are unsure if you have a regrind or aftermarket cam which will give you a lower compression result. But coupled with a leak down and knowledge of your oil consumption can help the decision to rebuild.