First Race- 1971 2002- Koepchen Tribute Car

We had our first race with my recently completed 1971 2002 vintage racer. We built the car from an old SCCA car I had bought some years ago. The car had sat in my shop for 8 years, and I decided it was time to get it back on track. Racecraft in Seattle did the build, and Tinney Performance built the motor.

We built the car as a tribute to Peter Keopchen, who was a BMW tuner and privateer racer back in the 1970's. He was fairly successful against the factory backed teams of Alpina and Schnitzer. We liveried it after his 1971 Nurburgring car:

post-45400-0-39495200-1373743951_thumb.j

I am VERY pleased with the job done by Racecraft. The car was fast right out of the box, and I was able to lead laps in both of Saturday's qualifying races at the Portland Historics:

post-45400-0-06437600-1373744073_thumb.j

post-45400-0-98367500-1373744078_thumb.j

If you want to see more, here is a link to my YouTube channel with videos from the 2002 as well as my other vintage BMW racers:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeueKlasseGuy

I havent looked at vids yet...but car looks wonderful.

I know Racecraft does some hi level race car builds....a la J Healy's cars.....etc..etc!

as Marshall said...give us some specs!!!!!

Just watched your vids......congrats.....great vintage ride. She is a great looking period race car...I bet they didnt look that good back in the day.

Edited by jrkoupe

neueklasseguy: Wish I knew you were makin' the long haul a few weeks ago.

Now I'm stuck with a one year olds birthday party on Saturday and a five year olds on Sunday.

They're friends kids, but still.......

Current weather prediction is "Dry and lower 80's"

have a good time.

Damn!