The Return Of Tisa #193

Terry has stepped up our game with the car. He was able to find a 10 slat grill for it, a NOS radio delete panel with trim. My car had a radio added by the dealer to help it sell, and when we repainted the shell we removed the fender mounted antenna. We were never comfortable drilling the holes again, so the radio stayed in the dash without the antenna. Now we have both gone. Terry was also able to find some better door handles and window trim pieces. Ours were a bit pitted in places.

TiSA 193 will be returning to Monterey again this year. We have received an invitation to show the car at The Quail Concours on Thursday! Can't wait to see what the high-zutes think of that boxy family sedan.

We will also be staying over and showing the car at the BMWCCA Oktoberfest Concours on the Tuesday following the Rolex reunion races.

If you come to car week or the BMWCCA event, stop by and say 'Hello.'

post-45400-0-33553200-1373741287_thumb.j

post-45400-0-42854000-1373741621_thumb.j

Edited by NeueKlasseGuy

Steve, congrats on being accepted to the Quail! I'll see you there as Pat deWitt's 995184 has also been accepted. Although I would like to do more, we are only lightly freshening the car's 17 year old restoration.

I wish both cars could be at Legends this year so that the public can see them and that the BMW Classic guys can see them as well. Pat and I will also have her car at either her paddock spot or the Festorics tent over the weekend. AND at the BMW CCA Concours on the following Tuesday.

HPIM2521-1.jpg

Edited by tjones02

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Steve!  I've been to the RaceCraft website and seen some of the restoration photos, are there any additional available?  I'd love to see some more interior / engine bay shots.

Tom, if you are looking for a 10-slat, let me know...  I been hoarding them for the last couple years.  I just sent two to Jim for his project.

• 3 weeks later...

Steve,

great meeting you at the Historics last weekend. The TiSA came out fantastic. Terry really did a great job on your car. My hat's off to you. Love the 700 as well. Did you or are you going to post any vids of the 700 in action? I wasn't able to see you run on Sunday. I would really enjoy seeing the 700 go! Please share.

Rey

Steve Saw you driving down Carmel Valley Road on Friday. Danni ( Mojojoy) and I were at the Parking lot of Baja Cantina next to the Quail.

I did not go to Laguna Seca on Saturday. Hope to see you next year. My TiLux will be much more long distance ready by then.  Rey - I was thinking I would see you on Friday at the Legends show. I got a Volcano shirt for you. 

Joseph in Chico

Rey,

It was great meeting you as well. Yes, Terry did do a fantastic job with the car. It was very gratifying to see how well it was accepted at The Quail. I had about 2 dozen people come over to the car and rave about it. They got it! Thank you for your help with those last couple of pieces of jewelry for the car. They really helped!

I will be posting some vids from Sunday's outing with the 700, as well as from the Willis 315. Keep an eye on my YouTube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeueKlasseGuy

Keep in touch,

Steve

• 1 month later...

Steve you have made the car into a much better shape than what it was when I had it.  I remember towing it home from the previous owner with the webbers in a box. (He had used them in his Datsun race car)

At least your was complete.  The one Pat Dewitt has was stripped of all the TISA bits and was ready for the junkyard when I bought it.  It's great to see the they both have been restored to their current shape.  G