Stock Or Modified

M2M3

which for $30k.....  

83 members have voted

1. 1. if you had $30k to spend on one of the below 02's, which would it be?

• $30k stock roundie tii in really nice condition
    • $30k roundie race/rally car

given the recent thread on 2002 value and debate about totally stock or modified sales prices, curious about what you would do if you were looking for a 2002 and had $30k to spend.  which of the two options would you go for?  

here is the link to the race/rally car that is for sale.

http://www.racedandrallied.com/rally-cars-for-sale/1969-bmw-2002-rally-car

Edited by mlytle

All personal preference as to driving styles and what u want. For 30k I think I'd have 2. One nice 10-12k Tii I kept stock. One badass base track/canyon car with a big motor (pumped m10, m20, s14) flared and dropped. Best of both worlds. For me if I had to choose just one it would be a base with a mildly tuned engine and clean exterior. That would be enough fun for the canyons and easy to live with as a daily driver.

For 30k I think I'd have 2.

I'm with JR.

Ok,

two 02's is not an option...

fine, spoil sport-

mod the piss out of it. 

But for me, the sleeper with S14, 6 speed T56,

blah de blah- but from the outside, all you can tell

is that the exhaust is bigger than stock.

t

Then you already have what you want!  lol...seriously, I am a speed nut and I like the peppiness of a modded M10 or better...stock for me wouldnt work on a long term basis UNLESS I had something on the side to get my fix!  Thats why I said 2...but if I had just one...it would have to be a "normal" looking 02...with plenty of HP under the hood and some nice suspension mods...congrats, I think you have the car!  Now you got me looking for a good 02 shell, and an S14...oh and maybe a divorce lawyer...lol.

Well if we are talking about a mint tii then it would have to be the full option with sport package(lsd,5spd CR box etc) and with the metal panel hand wound sunroof, late 72/early 73 roundie, pretty much what i already have just in concours quality and not a little ruff like mine ahahaha but then id be too afraid to drive it,wouldnt want to chip the paint!

I chose the rally car because i already have the nice stock roundie tii. Given on or the other i would go for stock as there is more opportunity to enjoy a stock car than a race car.

This.  But if I already had a driver and nothing I wanted or needed to spend a ton of money on it already.....  Id build a rat canyon/autocross car, ideally by saving one that would otherwise get crushed.  Id do everything but bodywork myself.

and spend the other $15k on dough for the doughnuts. ;)

Edited by robspeed