Help! Quickly? tii exhaust manifold # help

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

tii-manifold-top.jpg

URL: http://www.my2002tii.com/oct_2001.htm

I have a 76 02. I bought a used tii exhaust manifold from 2002ad.com and it just came. It is part # 121.142.01.80.1. To me, it looks like the standard manifold pictured at my2002tii (see link/pic). I called 2002ad and Nick says that he is told that this is a 71/72 tii manifold and that BMW made a few different castings. The pic I have is probably a 74 tii. To me this looks like my 76 manifold sans smog. Nick said the tii manifolds were cast differently and have better flow which was my understanding but it looks the same. I do not believe the passeges are not larger than standard. I bought the manifold as part of a stage 1 conversion which I told Nick about when I was ordering. My question is does this tii manifold (71/72) give me better flow that the 76 one I have? Is it of any benefit?

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Zenon for the info. I figured as much. I found the pn# and obsolete pn# on the ETK but for the life of me, I could not find the 121 pn#. Like you say, BMW pn#'s start with 2 digits and this one starts with 3 digits.

Thanks again,

Mistery solved.

Ron

• 4 months later...