• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Source For '02 Sheetmetal

Napes

Can you guys just whip up a new body and send it to me?  Lol.  

On a serious note, any thoughts on producing some of the commonly used flares(such as the early rabbit or omni flares)?  Or even other "Go-fast" body parts.  Just an idea.

-Jake

`70 Black 1602 - My Beater
http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/135517-saving-a-1970-1602/

`03 GMC S10 - Fiance`s Truck/Parts Hauler

Or some Alpina flares or Steel box flares!

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

Hey guys, sorry for the late reply! I took some photos of our fenders.

DISCLAIMER: Our car, unfortunately, sustained a front end collision with the front wall of our trailer. It's pretty pushed in and so the fender isn't 100%. I banged the area back out as best I could, but the valance and nose is still pushed up a 1/2 inch.

I think these fenders fit REALLY well, compared to the thin sheet metal of the BMW OEM stuff and the shoddy fitment of the Chinese/Indian aftermarket ones.

9803693343_ca5bd04f7d_c.jpg

9803609295_9e3d623393_c.jpg

9803641866_66878e8438_c.jpg

9803610505_aa893c43ae_c.jpg

9803643216_453e5c96e8_c.jpg

9803694263_4593d5c1cf_c.jpg

9615097809_28bd2143e7_o.jpg

And you sir just sold two fenders! (As soon as I get the insurance check...) Anything that fit's like stock I like :)

-Nathan
'76 2002 in Malaga (110k Original, 2nd Owner, sat for 20 years and now a toy)
'86 Chevy K20 (6.2 Turbo Diesel build) & '46 Chevy 2 Ton Dump Truck
'74 Suzuki TS185, '68 BSA A65 Lightning (garage find), '74 BMW R90S US Spec #2

• 1 year later...

I've not purchased any sheet metal for an 02.  Aside from price, 

How do these: $160 http://www.restoration-design.com/store/product/BMW404L    

Compare to these: $85 Euro http://www.wallothnesch.com/seitenwand-vorne-kotfluegel-41-11-07.html?___store=eng&___from_store=ger

Compared to these: $846 https://www.2002ad.com/storeworks/view_item.cfm?id=1398

I'm not likely to spend the money on OEM parts but figured I'd ask.  Thanks.  

When I first was trying to decide whether or not to get aftermarket fenders or the OEM ones, I found little guidance from the searches I did.  Is it because there is so little actual purchase and use of these?  

So I took a risk and bought two brand new aftermarket fenders from W&N.  They look exactly like the one pictured above.  They are worth what you pay for them (maybe).  If you care about the fit on your car do not succumb. 

I spent 4 hours so far on the right front fender trying to make it fit.  Flanges needed to be bent more in some places, trimmed in others.  Around the headlight they needed to be reformed quite a bit more to get them to fit into the channel.  The place where the turn signal goes is very poorly made.  I spent an hour on that trying to improve that fit -- and at best it can be made acceptable, not good.   If I spent another three or so hours on this thing, I think I could probably make it acceptable, but never very good.  Other issues:  The fit to the grill is very sloppy.  The wheel lip is too wide, and should be trimmed and rolled slightly like the OEM fender.  The profile where it meets the door is high in the middle (it is proud of the horizontal door crease when flush at top and bottom.  The top horizontal mounting holes do not align well with the inner fender.  The curve of the lower forward portion does not match the valence below the grill -- it's close, but at best you have to compromise where to absorb an eighth-inch mismatch. 

This morning I ordered two OEM fenders, no matter the cost.

harold

I bought the quarter Panel patches from them (for both sides).

I was happy with my purchase, they fit very well...so in terms of fitment, I wouldn't be too concerned. I did notice the pieces were actually from wallothnesch.com/ (stamp/sticker)

Quote I got from Wallothnesch:

• 41 11 1 430 015 repair panel for rear sill 02 left side €96,60
  • 41 11 1 430 016 repair panel for rear sill 02 right side  €96,60
  • VEX003 DHL International EXPRESS DAP  €49,00
    • $358.93 CAD (with today's exchange, approximately $18.67 USD)
    • + 9% Canadian import duties - $391.23
    • + 5% GST (Federal Sales Tax) - $410.79
    • + 9.975% PST(Provincial Sales Tax) - $451.77
      9.975#sthash.nQ32OniU.dpuf
      9.975#sthash.nQ32OniU.dpuf

The purchase I made at Restoration Design

• Short sill w/ lower quarter, rear left - BMW415L $197.00 USD
  • Short sill w/ lower quarter, rear right - BMW415R $197.00 USD
  • Shipping (couldn't find my bill)
    • $518.18 CAD

It's my fault for spending more... but by listing their items in USD they're making an extra 25% profit today.

Blog: installing rockers (purchased from BLUNT) + fitting the patches (purchased from Resoration Design) here: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/155/entry-474-more-patch-work/

EDITED: Sorry Mark, you are correct, I modified my post.

Edited by MildSeven

picked up what i thought was a sound Verona Red '76

The Refresh Blog: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/155-76-verona-red-refresh/

I bought the quarter Panel patches from them (for both sides).

I was happy with my purchase, they fit very well...so in terms of fitment, I wouldn't be too concerned. I did notice the pieces were actually from wallothnesch.com/ (stamp/sticker)

Quote I got from Wallothnesch:

• 41 11 1 430 015 repair panel for rear sill 02 left side €96,60
  • 41 11 1 430 016 repair panel for rear sill 02 right side  €96,60
  • VEX003 DHL International EXPRESS DAP  €49,00
    • $358.93 CAD (with today's exchange, approximately $18.67 USD)

The purchase I made at Restoration Design

• Short sill w/ lower quarter, rear left - BMW415L $197.00 USD
  • Short sill w/ lower quarter, rear right - BMW415R $197.00 USD
  • Shipping (couldn't find my bill)
    • $518.18 CAD

It's my fault for spending more... but by listing their items in USD they're making an extra 25% profit today.

Blog: installing rockers (purchased from BLUNT) + fitting the patches (purchased from Resoration Design) here: http://www.bmw2002faq.com/blog/155/entry-474-more-patch-work/

Please contact me and I will send you your bill.

The parts are $394 USD (for both) + shipping. 

We can ship for under $30 to most locations in Canada and the US, all depending on box sizes.  

You will face duty charges, on top of shipping costs, if shipped with W & N's DAP shipping terms. 

I apologize for any inconvenience; contact me and I will see how we can assist. 

Regards, 

Mark B. 

9615097809_28bd2143e7_o.jpg