Product review on seam sealer and 'undercoating'.

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

So this week I filled some seams. I used Silkaflex (spell?) 224..and man, that stuff is AWESOME!!! It is soooo much better than using normal silicone type caulking or anything you can buy at your local parts shop, etc. *I know* that silicone should not be used as a true 'seam sealer' in this instance, but after this, I will NOT be using any time of caulking for ANYTHING...the only thing my car will see is the Silkaflex. It goes on incredibly smooth. Not too runny so you can't control it, but not too thick so it doesn't go on smooth. It dries pretty tough, yet slightly flexible. You can use this stuff anywhere. And I will.

Okay, next...'undercoating', or whatever you wanna call it. I bought some 3M 'Shutz', and also a Shutz (air) gun which was like $10. This stuff is also AMAZING! I opened the can expecting to see something kinda thick. No way jose, its pretty runny. I was kinda skeptical, but after using it (goes on really easy), and waiting for it to dry, that stuff is amazing!!! Has a great texture too, very 'factory'.

So whats my point? Just trust me..don't EVER bother using parts store rubber or asphlalt undercoating again, and don't think for a second that 'sealer is sealer', whether is silicone or whatever. These 2 products rock.

thats it.

Matt

'72 02/m20

Guest Anonymous

I bought my stuff locally at the nearest autobody supply store. Its pretty common stuff, so I assume most supply shops would have it.

thx

Matt