desertfox02

Runs North

3 posts / 1995 viewsLast Reply

Hello all, I recently acquired a 1976, '02 and with the help of my uncle have restored it all with the exception of the interior.  That will have to wait for winter, because I am driving this summer.  Do you Chicago folks ever take runs up to Northern Michigan?  I live up near Traverse City and am looking for some '02 folks to run with.  Needless to say, there aren't many '02s up here.  The Michigan winters and salt have taken thier toll and since I brought my '02 home from N.C. in April, I haven't seen a one on the roads up here.  There are some great twisties here in Northern Michigan and some scenery to match.  I would be interested in putting together a run, if some of you folks would like to head North for a long weekend or whatever. 

Meet Erwin, my 1976, 2002, Sahara.  Mark Stephens

post-45071-0-33889500-1373301524_thumb.j

Hello, is anybody home?   I see, you are looking.  All those '02s in the wonderful Windy City and nobody is interested in a run in Northern Michigan?   Remember, I live here.   I know twisties and incredible scenery that are perfect for an '02.   If you're even slightestly interested, let me know.  I just got back from one of my more scenic runs and thought, that would be cool with 10 or eleven '02s taking that run.  If all you '02 owners down there aren't interested, that's ok.  My last post on this thread, if there is no interest.  Although I will  be a little disappointed.

Keep at it man.  You'll find that urban owners sometimes tend to stay "indoors".  I have felt the same emotion that you are feeling.  Don't let low morale for driving distances, to go driving, "curb" your spirits for the scene in general. 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.