Sloppy Shifter

LarryS

My shifter has been very sloppy since I bought my 72 Tii last year and seems to have gotten worse recently to the point that I don't want to drive it until it gets fixed. It has a 5 speed so I am assuming it's a Getrag 245. I got underneath but all I could see was "GETRAG".

I've done alot of searching and reading about replacing the bushings or going with short shift kits like UUC, IE, etc.

I like the UUC with DSSR but it's very pricey so I think I'm gonna go with the Z3 1.9 but I am still fuzzy on a few aspects.

1. When you guys who have the Z3 1.9, is it the stock linkage/bushings or a short shifter kit? My assumption is that it is the stock linkage.

2. Anyone have a current link or part numbers?

3. Are there any other bushings, etc that I should buy to ensure I get the sloppiness out?

Thanks,
Larry 

UUC does not make a DSSR for 2002's, or anything for 2002's for that matter.

all you need is a stock z3, e30 or really any model bmw shift lever of that period and new bushings for shifter platform, either end of selector rod, shift input shaft on tranny, and platform support arm.

and you will need a new shift knob.  2002 knobs will not work on new shift levers.