New Carpet!!!

jrhone

Today was a day that has even 3 years in the making! Today I installed the carpet kit I bought from Esty.  Years ago I bought a dark blue carpet kit to replace my now 37 year old dark blue carpet. My carpet now is white in places due to sun bleaching and old age. The kit was excellent. High quality Very well made and in the middle I got stuck and she emailed me back within minutes with more info. That’s amazing!  Any issues with the kit is strictly the fault of the installer (Me).  I put in some more insulation to help with the temps as well as maybe make it a tad bit quitter.  So after 7 hours of work and a few emails from Esty…I am VERY pleased with the outcome!  No more dirty and dingy carpet….Definitely makes the interior much nicer…now the next major upgrade for the interior is the dingy headliner.

20130620-101325.jpg20130620-101343.jpg20130620-101407.jpg20130620-101430.jpg20130620-100726.jpg

Full writeup on my site....

http://www.project2002.com/2002updates/?p=471

Congrats!  Looks great.  I'm close to putting mine in.  I am constantly finding one more thing to do. Like ebrake, sound deadening, console, dead pedal, etc.  Part of the carpet is in, then out.  Esty has a great product and has been very helpful.  This site has been a valuable resource.

Looking forward to your link OP.

Shine on the floor is additional insulation. I added it for sound and heat/cooling. It's a roofing product call peel n seal. You can get it at Lowes. Read about it in alot of other car forums. Nearly identical to dynamat. I did my doors with dynamat. I bought a few told of this and we will see how things go.

"now the next major upgrade for the interior is the dingy headliner."

If it is just dingy, you can use SEM bright white vinyl spray. Good color match.

Good idea. It's mostly dingy. I have one small rip. I was going to redo it in black though. I think it would match the rear of the car better.

Shine on the floor is additional insulation. I added it for sound and heat/cooling. It's a roofing product call peel n seal. You can get it at Lowes. Read about it in alot of other car forums. Nearly identical to dynamat. I did my doors with dynamat. I bought a few told of this and we will see how things go.

Good idea. It's mostly dingy. I have one small rip. I was going to redo it in black though. I think it would match the rear of the car better.

Is this the peel n seal you mentioned?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_154017-81326-PS625_0__?productId=1018733&Ntt=peel+n+seal+insulations&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dpeel%2Bn%2Bseal%2Binsulations&facetInfo=

how does it compare to dynomat? is it any better or worse? seems to be a lot cheaper.

Looks great. Couple of questions:

1. How long did this take, from seats being removed to back in again? Edit: saw the 7 hours, how much of this was simply getting stuck, and what was the tricky part?

2. How difficult/how much of a PITA is this - 1 is easiest, 10 is horrible?

Edited by Bruce

Is this the peel n seal you mentioned?

http://www.lowes.com/pd_154017-81326-PS625_0__?productId=1018733&Ntt=peel+n+seal+insulations&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dpeel%2Bn%2Bseal%2Binsulations&facetInfo=

how does it compare to dynomat? is it any better or worse? seems to be a lot cheaper.

Yup, thats the stuff, yes its cheap.  I have Dynamat on my doors and its heavier and thicker, BUT the Peel and Seal stuff is way cheaper and it works great.  I have heard that its not designed for vertical or overhead use, so only use it on floors.  I have extra so I am going to do the rear seats section as well.  It is noticeably quieter....

Yup, thats the stuff, yes its cheap.  I have Dynamat on my doors and its heavier and thicker, BUT the Peel and Seal stuff is way cheaper and it works great.  I have heard that its not designed for vertical or overhead use, so only use it on floors.  I have extra so I am going to do the rear seats section as well.  It is noticeably quieter....

Cool. I was going to put it on my floors under my rear seat to see if it can get a little quieter. Might try it in my doors; but not all that concerned with that for now. Thanks for the tip!