1991 Bmw 318Is - Central Coast, Ca

I have recently acquired my own shop space and am in need of a small truck, so it is time to let my beloved E30 go.

For sale or trade for a Toyota Tacoma 4-cylinder 5-speed of equal value (or lesser plus cash on your end).

1991 BMW 318is

- Clean title.

- 5-speed.

- 173k miles on working odometer. There was a short period of time where the odometer stopped working and I replaced all the internal gears. I would say that the actual mileage is more like 178-180k.

- Black vinyl sport interior in great condition.

- Has been very reliable, runs great and gets awesome gas mileage. Regularly maintained and driven modestly.

I recently completely rebuilt/refurbished the suspension, and spent over $1000 and 6 full days of work in the process. Everything feels great. Here is a list of the tasks performed and the parts added/replaced:

- Ground Control coilover conversion kit, 440f/650r rates.

- Shortened strut housings by 2".

- IX Bilstein HD shocks for the front with 1.25" spacer.

- KYB Gas-A-Just Camaro shocks for the rear.

- Replaced front control arms.

- Replaced lollipop bushings.

- Replaced front and rear sway bar linkages.

- Dropped the rear subframe.

- Replaced trailing arm bushings.

- Replaced rear subframe mount bushings.

I even made a video of my coilover build as a tutorial for other E30 owners, video can be viewed here:

Wheel setup:

16x8 BMW Style 5 wheels with new 205/45/16 tires and 42Draft Designs 4x100>5x120 adapters (adapters alone are worth $400).

Other parts/modifications:

- Nardi classic steering wheel with matching shift knob.

- Nardi hub adapter.

- IS front lip.

- Kenwood head unit, iPod/iPhone compatible. Speakers sound good.

The not-so-desirable features:

- cracked dashboard.

- paint is pretty shot and could use a respray. For what it's worth, I've been told multiple times the natural patina adds a lot of character to the car.

- There are two minor dents/dings in the driver's side rear quarter panel, the rest of the body is near perfect.

- I removed the rear parcel shelf with plans to re-wrap it and add 6x9" speakers, but never finished it, so that would need to be addressed.

Overall the car is in great condition with a few minor little issues that would need to be addressed if you want it to be perfect. For how uncommon and sought after these cars are, this one is a great investment.

Roof rack shown in pictures is not included, unless you would like to purchase it for $350

Note that in some pictures certain parts may or may not be installed as these are pictures from throughout my ownership of the car.

$6500 as it sits

$6000 on stock BMW bottlecaps

(805)710-3143 call or text is fine

img9571yz.jpg

e30lightpaintforums.jpg

e30ps1.jpg

9rwp.jpg

img8739mo.jpg

img5923qv.jpg

img7167e.jpg

6qgr.jpg[/img]

img9636l.jpg