Looking To Buy A 2002 Tii In So Cal

Poloace

Hey guys,

Been looking for some time. Was trying to find a nice 2002 tii (preferably a roundie) in so cal. Have checked the forums, the classifieds, Craigslist, eBay, bringatrailer/bringatonofcash, and am struggling to find one that I'm happy with. Was wondering if anyone here had any leads or would be interested in parting ways with one of their beloved... Cheers to you all. I'm attaching a pic I took at the classic event months back in the valley. If you guys want to see more, let me know.

post-42068-0-99408800-1370465457_thumb.j

Edited by Poloace

That would be kind, thank you. Am particularly interested In a manual roundie, though. The one looked into looks like it has some transmission issues. I figure a car trying to fetch $25k should essentially be perfect, no? Cheers.

That said... What is the cost to replace the tranny and maybe upgrade to the 5sp?

Here's the info. I'm not affiliated with the owner, only spoke to him at the meet. Tii only came in manual. 1000-2000+ for 5 speed upgrade depending on where you get parts, condition and who puts it in. Good luck

CDBC0948-4954-42AE-9C2A-C06D3CD9F637-160

Cheers - thanks for the research. Found another that I may pursue. Does anyone have an honest person to do mechanical restoration in so cal? I really would love one of these but don't want to jump the gun or overpay. Appreciate the help, fellas.

P

Arrrrgh. I just had This car that I'm in love with checked out. the mechanic, who by all accounts is a great mechanic, was impressed by the engine and the aesthetics of the car. That said, he said that the transmission was on its way out. The owner was asking a cool 25k for it. Super nice guy- I just am scared to drop that much cash on a car that isn't near perfect. I don't know. Any advice, fellas? I'd even be willing to get a second opinion if someone could guide me to a reputable mechanic in the Santa Monica/Venice area. The guy selling it is super cool- seems honest enough and I like the car, tremendously. It seems like a tranny issue, though. If its a problem i can resolve with little additional cost, i may be interested. just would hate to find myself deep into it for nothing. Any mechanics down in this area competent w 02 tii's? Would sincerely appreciate the help. Thanks again, everyone.

Arrrrgh. I just had This car that I'm in love with checked out. the mechanic, who by all accounts is a great mechanic, was impressed by the engine and the aesthetics of the car. That said, he said that the transmission was on its way out. The owner was asking a cool 25k for it. Super nice guy- I just am scared to drop that much cash on a car that isn't near perfect. I don't know. Any advice, fellas? I'd even be willing to get a second opinion if someone could guide me to a reputable mechanic in the Santa Monica/Venice area. The guy selling it is super cool- seems honest enough and I like the car, tremendously. It seems like a tranny issue, though. If its a problem i can resolve with little additional cost, i may be interested. just would hate to find myself deep into it for nothing. Any mechanics down in this area competent w 02 tii's? Would sincerely appreciate the help. Thanks again, everyone.

$25K does admittedly sound like a lot for a tii with obvious failings. I would expect it to be an otherwise perfect car at that price: well sorted, no signs of rust, excellent-fitting body panels. Bear in mind with any 2002 you buy, however, that these are 40-year-old cars! Although simple and dependable, things do break and cars of that era need more frequent maintenance than modern cars.

Good luck,

Steve

Time for a 5 speed conversion. And a corresponding price revision.

;-)

GL,