E12 Head Going Together - Shrick Too!

I am finally putting the pcs. together. After chasing all of the threads and schotch britting the cam journals with # 000 I installed the all new shafts -  IE Rockers -and washers -- Those are Eibach springs from VAC . Still have the locks to put on and adjust but it's starting to come together,I used Lucas Assembley lube.Washed everything one final time with Laquer Thinner and blew it off .The single most expensive cam I have ever bought to include a Comp cams K kit that included chain-sprokets- valve springs-lifters and retainers. Went in a 64 Fairline 500 Baby Bolt I built 10 years ago. Lets see if I can share some pictures.

Catman

post-44335-0-71688900-1369932206_thumb.j

post-44335-0-38904500-1369932245_thumb.j

post-44335-0-62942500-1369932285_thumb.j

post-44335-0-06945300-1369932345_thumb.j

Edited by catman53

Looks good. Which Schrick is that? I am finishing up a build with a Schrick 316, been meaning to post some photos. I've done a lot of work measuring the cam profile (degree wheel, dial gauge and checking springs) and valve to piston clearance (dial gauge as well as clay method). Even though I bought an adjustable timing gear it turns out I really need to install the cam straight up, the V-P clearance is just too close to advance or retard the cam even if I wanted to. V-P is tight due to [a] high domes, +1mm valves, [c] high lift cam, and [d] narrow LSA (Schrick 316 LSA is about 100°). I'll post my measurements when I get a chance. I also have a new engine with a Schrick 336, but likely won't install that in my other car until Fall.

Fred '74tii & '69

engine washing station

engine build 1

Edited by FB73tii

Thanks Guys - That is a 282 cam and a new non adjustable cam gear.I hope I am as lucky degreeing itas you were.The CP pistons were made to the 292 valve lift specs. I changed my mind and went down a tic on the cam.There is so much out there on the properties of these cams. I don't plan on hanging out at the highend rev wise and was told the low end grunt was more noticable in the 282 so thats why.Anyway I had the 292 picked when I called Carrillo with my order.So I hope I actually have more than a safe margin for the valves .Jeremy at Ireland said he could give me some help picking the Cometic gasket thickness after we check the clearance with clay and bolting up the head with my old gasket.this is my first BMW build but not my first motor and I have not used the Cometic gaskets.Needless to say I am pumped. I have the Stahl header as well , 45dco'es and magnaflow pipes with a 24" round tube style flow thru stainless muffler .It should run real nice.I hope