Intercooler Size

Mine just barely fits in the nose forward of the radiator, it isn't very big(27x7x2.5 I think) but so far my intake temps seem to be pretty low. I haven't run it when it's very hot out yet.

I'd just say get the biggest one that you can fit comfortably up there and you should be just fine.

Edited by Mead

Yea I just did a mock up in cardboard and got all my parts from silicone intakes.com, they were close and delivered super fast. Because things are so tight in the bay there isn't much room for any "straight aways" really, the silicone bends take up most of the space. I think I only needed 3 1' foot sections of aluminum tubing and then a bunch of miscellaneous bends depending on the setup you have. 

Just the 318i intake, it's the best option as far as I know. Depending on your geometry and throttle body setup, you may have issues clearing the brake booster. It ends up getting pretty tight in there. I'm gonna do a brake booster delete to clear up some room, and it will also help with brake consistency. I might make a new manifold too just to clear up more room and lose some weight, but getting even air flow to all cylinders is quite an engineering feat. 

Let me know if you have any more questions, the conversion is still pretty fresh in my mind.

Edited by Mead

I just used one I found on eBay (this one I think). I'm using a GT2860RS turbo which is a t28 flange, so I had to get an adapter which turned out to be okay because without it the turbo didn't clear the valve cover. If you're using an internal waste gate it's going to be really close to running up against the bay walls. If I had all the money in the world I would've had one made with an external waste gate by 666 Fabrication, but it's looks like he closed up shop unfortunately, if you could get a used one I know they are very good. Your only other options, as far as I know, are BluntTech, good&tight, or ebay. Or make one yourself. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M10-Stainless-Turbo-Header-Manifold-T3-BMW-2002-/251243551587?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Make%3ABMW%7CModel%3A2002%7CSubmodel%3ATurbo&hash=item3a7f485b63&vxp=mtr

Edited by Mead