Fitting 8J And 9J Wheels On Stock Fenders

If you do a search on this forum, you will finds lots of discussion of wider (i.e., non-stock) rim widths, with every diameter rim from 13" to 17". And owners have managed to stuff rims on these cars -- without body work, apart from fender lip rolling -- that would both amaze and horrify the 2002's original engineers. But you're probably asking a bit much with 8" and 9" rims!

Steve

With stock fenders the widest you're gonna get with a 13" wheel is 7". What tires are you planning on using? The best street tire size for that fitment will be 205/60r13. And that size is darned near impossible to find in a regular street tire in the US these days; though there are street legal R compound tires available... The Tire Rack has a few choices.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=205%2F&ratio=60&diameter=13

A 205/60-13 will fit on a 6" wheel just fine, and those are much easier to fit under stock '02 fenders....

HTH

With stock fenders the widest you're gonna get with a 13" wheel is 7". What tires are you planning on using? The best street tire size for that fitment will be 205/60r13. And that size is darned near impossible to find in a regular street tire in the US these days; though there are street legal R compound tires available... The Tire Rack has a few choices.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/TireSearchResults.jsp?width=205%2F&ratio=60&diameter=13

A 205/60-13 will fit on a 6" wheel just fine, and those are much easier to fit under stock '02 fenders....

HTH

Thank you, that's what i needed. :)

The rims will be 3-piece. I will make the centers, so i guess i can play a little bit with the ET. So i found second hand inner and outer rings 8" for the front and 9" for the rear, but when the 7" is max i'll have to buy custom rings from HTN felgen.

A 205/60-13 will be ok, i guess, i was looking at some older topics about the brands that still make this size, i know i have a small choice.