Thank You Faqers! It Is D-Day On The Jenna E-Trike.

robspeed

Well we hit the wall on Jenna's e-trike fundraising thing.  We didn't raise enough to buy the e-trike but we have more than enough to buy the trike itself, minus the electric assist setup.  Actually by ordering the trike and e-kit seperately and then DIYing the conversion, we save about $100.  Anyway, in order for the trike to get here in time for us to leave on the 1st, we have to order it *today*.  Hopefully we can scrape the rest of the money together somehow and get the e-kit maybe when we are in Cali.  If not then, eventually.  Thanks for everything.  Most obviously for the donations to the e-trike fund.  100% of the $520 we raised came from FAQers.  I tried to get anyone from Jenna's Alabama family and friends to help us, but just nothing.  What is it about this forum that makes people so generous to basically a stranger when her own friends and family (and these are *all* Bible-believing, better to give than receive, ask and ye shall receive, etc., people supposedly) just do nothing?  I just don't know what to make of all that.  Suffice it to say, the entire Rob-in-the-South thing has been an exercise in culture shock.  I think I have culture shock PTSD...

If you've followed this story, you know I was a proverbial atheist in a foxhole.  But, I found God.  I never thought I would.  The way it happened is a crazy story which I am saving for the book that I am going to be writing about all this.  I love God.  He is Amazing.  And I have great big plans for Him, and Jenna.  We are no where near done.  In another nine(ish, maybe sooner :)) years you will see me on here talking about Jenna's amazing singing career (she lost her singing voice due to all the tubes they ran down/cut into her throat).  You will see me talking about her perfectly functional left hand.  You will see ... wait for it.... before, and after, and then after again films of her brain itself.  Watch it atrophy after the accident because of the scar tissue and tissue damage in general.  Then watch it ... regrow?  How amazing would that be?  Capital-A Amazing, that's how amazing.  :)

More to come.  Much more. :)

-Rob