Front Suspension Rebuild - Best Parts / Sources

Hello,

I have a '73 2002 Roundie and the rubber crumbled in the swing arms so It has been laid up for a year and a half.  Shortly after the layup, I picked up a front subframe as the current had minor damage.  I want to by all new parts except shocks (good) brake assembly and steering box and put it together, drop the old sub frame, and slide the rebuit in.  I've been through the process with a '74 in the 90's so that aspect is cool.  Just need some help on sources and any minor performance upgrades available then the OEM.  Stock arms seem the best, but ball joints, control arms, sway bar bushings and all the bolts - oh my -  can leave my head spinnig as whats good quality wise and of course the price.  I'm leaning a little on the mild performance side so if anyone has source/ selections, it would be great to hear some feed back.  I've been receiving emails from Walloth u.Nesch for a while but never bought anything and unsure of the quality.

Thanks in advance for any info...

Short on free time, OK on funds, but have been out of the circle for so long.

Tabascokid

Hi TK, +1 on Blunt and +1 on doing everything. I did my whole car and went through Blunt except for a couple odd bolts I got from Atlanta BMW (http://parts.bmwofsouthatlanta.com/productSearch.aspx?ukey_make=980). He was a great resource of info and got me all the parts together in one shot. For me the front was the hard part, so if you're gonna do that I'd highly recommend doing the rear also.

I went with rubber based on Steve's (Blunt) recommendation (street driving for fun, no tracking) and LOVE my 'new' car.

As far as 'upgrades', I think IE makes a better arm (bent "I" shape?) but someone on here can speak to that better, and of course there's the boxed ones. My understanding is that our stock arms are a weak link in our systems.