Metal Fuel Line Routing

DUDOK

I am getting ready to swap in a M42 and have reached the point I need to run two metal fuel lines.  I have been searching for photos of how others have done this but with little luck.  I first thought of running on the passenger side but don't like the idea of coming up by the exhaust.  The drivers side looks tight getting up past the pedal box. Do you continue along the frame rail and then turn up???

If anyone has a few pictures or can direct me to some it would be a big help, as they say a picture is worth a thousand words or in my case ten thousand. 

stock metal line starts in front of left rear wheel well ,runs inside rocker, the jogs over to inside frame rail, then straight up to engine.  there is a soft line that runs from tank, over diff, to hard line end.  i ran a second hard line alongside the stock hard line for my S14.

DSCN4403.jpg

DSCN4404.jpg

DSCN4405.jpg

Edited by mlytle

• 7 months later...

What are the chances you have a picture of the "beginning"of line taken in the wheel well? or know of others that I can't find yet.

I'm looking at replacing mine (found a dent, possibly from road debris) and I'm not sure who worked on it last routed it right. I just want see how it's routed (and distance) in the wheel area.  The parts diagram don't answer enough and couldn't find any other pictures so far.

The rest of the pictures show exactly what I need. 

Thanks in advance

sorry, no more pics, i think.  have over 1800 pics of the car build in my pbucket folder, but they are not tagged...

http://s397.photobucket.com/user/mblytle/slideshow/purple%20kit?sort=9

iirc the line ends just out of the pic to the left.  if i remember tomorrow i will try to take another pic.  car is up on jackstands in my shop.

Good deal, mine is sitting 2 or 3 inches lower (someone missed that holder)

did you use stock ish sizes or go bigger?  If bigger did you have any issues getting through any of the old locations? I think someone replaced mine with smaller than normal

I'll peruse your pictures.

Thanks again.

both my lines are stock.  i took a second stock line from a parts car so that i have metal feed and return lines.  (painted the "return" line "red").  i had no real issues running two stock lines down the stock path.

NOTE - my rear brake line no longer follows that path.  i ran a new one down tunnel.

Edited by mlytle