Clutch Suggestion For Mm Transmission

alijzari

I recently purchased a Metric Mechanic Tranny from a friend in the DFW area I was also going to go ahead and replace the entire clutch while replacing the Tranny with the MM, does anyone have a suggestion on what type of clutch size I should look into everything in the car is stock expect the carb 32/36 weber

In order to run a 228mm clutch you need a 228mm flyhweel. Check what you have before you order. Unless you are making a ton of power or racing, stick with a stock clutch for the comfort and ease of use. I have always been extremely satisfied with Sachs... high quality and excellent feel. 

or Blunt...

www.blunttech.com

Naw, the stock 2002 clutch is fine up to 200 hp if you don't let it slip or flat- shift.

Heck, I have a 215 in the street car, I DO flat shift, and it STILL works fine.

BMW knew what they were doing.

t

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.
With your permission we and our partners may use precise geolocation data and identification through device scanning. You may click to consent to our and our partners’ processing as described above. Alternatively you may access more detailed information and change your preferences before consenting or to refuse consenting. Please note that some processing of your personal data may not require your consent, but you have a right to object to such processing. Your preferences will apply to this website only. You can change your preferences at any time by returning to this site or visit our privacy policy.