A Beautiful Day For The Show In Brisbane

Grover

I'd missed the last two Swap & Shows, so was really glad to be able to attend today. Once again, the weather was perfect, and there were lots of very nice cars on show. At least to me, it didn't seem noticeably down on attendance given the overlap with Bimmerfest. Was nice to catch up with a bunch of "old" 02 friends as well as meet a few new ones. Thanks as always to the organizers for putting on such a nice community gathering. I also scored in the raffle!!! I saw so many folks taking photos while strolling the show that I actually took very few, so hopefully others will add some on. Until next year..show_zps7983af99.jpg

Grover, agreed. Great show, great day. Thanks again to Larry Ayers, Matt Brown, Paul Gommel, Tom Jones, Matthew Peterson, Gil Porat and Derek Watry for putting this thing together.

Fun to spend some time with Ray at elefant. Cool guy doing some very cool work.

Lots of photos here. Apologies up front for the lack of a lens swipe prior to shooting:

http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/PaulHuberTarga/library/?sort=3&page=1

Enjoy...

question about that white 02 with the talbot style mirror on the hood. "can the person driving that car really use it to see objects behind themself or is it just for looks" the reason i ask is because i tryed using a talbot replica mirror and i couldnt see anything when they wear fully adjust in the upright position. BUT i had them mounted in the same location as where the oe flag style mirrors wear mounted on the Left and right  doors nearest the triangle shaped windows. im a little south of 6ft tall and i use a recaro LS seat and i invited someone that was 5.5ft tall to drive my 02 and that person had no trouble seeing objects behind them. i guess what im saying talbots must be made for short people? 

question about that white 02 with the talbot style mirror on the hood. "can the person driving that car really use it to see objects behind themself or is it just for looks" the reason i ask is because i tryed using a talbot replica mirror and i couldnt see anything when they wear fully adjust in the upright position. BUT i had them mounted in the same location as where the oe flag style mirrors wear mounted on the Left and right  doors nearest the triangle shaped windows. im a little south of 6ft tall and i use a recaro LS seat and i invited someone that was 5.5ft tall to drive my 02 and that person had no trouble seeing objects behind them. i guess what im saying talbots must be made for short people? 

Hi Rover--

I had Talbot mirrors on my late '73 since a month or 2 after I bought it in July of that year; I have 2 (expensive) new ones ready to mount on my tii.  See Tom Jones' photo of my '73 just a couple of hours before my accident: the hood location is optimum.

My first Talbot mirrors were small, round clear flat glass that cost $10 each from MG Mitten, and after careful adjustment (a helper makes it a lot faster) I could see specific blind spots.  Then I replaced them with Talboval mirrors; those had the larger head with convex, blue glass. One of them was smashed about 1980, and I had to purchase the replacement directly from Talbot in Berlin. After my accident I still have one of the Talboval mirrors in pretty good shape (except for the mirror retainer plastic piece, which is NLA from Talbot,of course, so I made something that works).

My preference is the small round head with tinted convex glass, allowing a wider field of view. I recommend them!

Larry

post-38589-0-49710600-1368990913_thumb.j

this isnt my car but this is an example of how extreme my adjustment needed to be for me to successfully use talbot style mirrors witch i thought looked really stupid because of this adjustment never the less i did away with them and opted for a mirror called SAP design im not a big fan of flag mirrors. BTW found the photo on flickr.com