Fs Feeler 1973 2002 East Coast - Philadelphia, Pa

I am considering selling my 73' 2002 and wanted to put this out here to get a feel, mostly on price. I purchased this car in 2005 after almost a two year search. Here is what I know, mostly from the previous owner (I believe he found me on here trolling for an '02). The color is Porsche Red (Guards red) repaint over the original Ceylon Gold, Black Interior in fair shape, seats are okay, but will need to be repadded as the horsehair has crumbled. 73,xxx miles but odometer has stopped. I have put on maybe 2k miles since 2005, it is a garage queen.

According to the previous owner, this car was in a time capsule, stored inside a garage since '92 and was ressurected by him in 2004. Originally an Arizona car was driven to Canada in 1990 by the 2nd owner. Car has no rust holes whatsoever, some surface rust. Engine and tranny are in good shape, does not smoke or have knocks. The car is one stock down to the hubcaps and it still has the original solex carb and all the emission stuff in it and they all work fine. He replaced the front windshield gasket and lock strip, replaced all fluids, tires, he installed a newer radio cassette, replaced the speakers on the rear parcel shelf that were already cut out. He did a tuneup and valve adjustment.

In 2006, I completely replaced the suspension with new sway bars, shocks and struts, brakes and rotors, plugs, alignment and another tuneup.

I take her for a joy ride about every 3 weeks.

I know the respray hurts the value, but ceylon is a fairly rare color. I haven't really kept up on the values lately, am I crazy thinking $8-10k? There just aren't many '02s in good shape on the east coast.

2znzhb4.jpg

More pics here: http://sdrv.ms/107sPf9

Year: 1973

Make: BMW

Model: 2002