Please Help!!! With Video!!

Robotin

so i got the car cranking and sounds like it wants to start, but i keep getting these loud pops and out of the carburetor, im worried that the timing isnt right, i put the crank to TDC, and set the rotor (i belive).

with the engine at TDC, the rotor was sitting at (i would say) a 5 o'clock position. 

any help pelase!!!

hes a video.....

its hard to hear but there is a bit of popping, and ignore the sound at the end, my friend dropped a small piece of metal. 

th_video-2013-05-14-22-51-08_zps5ea22ade

Timing is probably way off, mark its location and try rotating the distributor a little while cranking and see if it starts, if it gets worse go back to the mark and try rotating the other way. if it is popping out of the carb have a fire extinguisher handy and do not have any part of your body over that carb while you are troubeshooting this, I once lost a good sized patch of hair on my arm because I was reaching across the carb to start a car that I had just rebuilt the engine on and had the distributor 180 degrees out.

thanx for all the help,

figured it all out today, timing was totally backwards XP

got it al timed right now, but now for some reason my carb isnt dumping fuel when i pull the throttle open, and when i turn the mark the increase it just floods everything.....

Your distributor most likely 180 degrees off. Pull distributor out. Set the engine with no 1 cylinder @ TDC , then install the dristributor. The rotor should be pointing to the mark on the lip of distributor housing. Tighten distributor flange nut and start the engine. From there you set your timing, etc.