Turbo Flares Look Silly Bith E21 Turbines?

DaveBMX

Hi everyone im fully overhauling my 1502 and the final rust is in the edge of the wheel lips and i fancy turbo flares but cant afford wide wheels to go with it yet as i've already spent 2000 in parts and tools since april 1st! if i run my current turbines with flares for a while will the car look silly?

thanks

Dave

Won´t it look like a stock Turbo? The stock turbo wheels are 13x6 ET13, I think. Aren´t the E21 wheels something like that?

Looks like stock turbo, but not filling out according to current fashion=)

(I´ve been considering it for the future, now running 13x6 borranis with ET17 (most common on 02´s is ET30, I believe). Clears rolled stock fenders most of the time with a rather hard setup and 45-50mm drop running 185/70´s.

So I´ve been thinking flares to fit 205´s, but I don´t know..)

post-40090-0-93243100-1368519793_thumb.j

yeah turbines are only 5.5" :s is it just me Daron or are you running beefier tires than me? or maybe its that my turbines are black they look skinnier?

also car looks very nice i have to say Daron!

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/129100-my-1976-1502/

do you guys think the use of spacers for a limited period is ok or are spacers just a no no?

Edited by DaveBMX

hey green Swede yeah 12mm is pretty much a 1/2 inch!! i guess the narrowness would only be visible from front or back! right i will have a look at doing it! seeing as im in the process of replacing the rear towers i may aswell so it all before i end up painting POR15 on there!

*EDIT*

also would anyone have any ideas if the arches will fit with my long bumpers? when i have seen other turbo arch cars they have short bumpers!?

Dave

Edited by DaveBMX

yeah turbines are only 5.5" :s is it just me Daron or are you running beefier tires than me? or maybe its that my turbines are black they look skinnier?

also car looks very nice i have to say Daron!

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/129100-my-1976-1502/

do you guys think the use of spacers for a limited period is ok or are spacers just a no no?

The 15mm bolt on spacers would be all right I ran them for a few months until I finished building up my BBS wheels,

This is the bolt on ones not the slip over the stud ones, and if you use them check the wheel nuts after the first 50 miles or so to make sure they are nice and tight.