• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's The Best Deal You've Ever Seen For An '02?

S-L

Picked this up about 3 months ago. Stored for over 15 years. Bought it sight unseen for $1000. Tires popped on the flatbed. Got it running with used plug wires and a gatorade bottle as a fuel supply. Water pump frozen solid, clutch and brake hydraulics are next.

The barn

On The truck

1971 Corvette, BBC to LS1 swap under way
1991 Camaro, ProCharged 355
1969 Corvette Greenwood/IMSA project
1974 BMW 2002, barn find, M42 on a stand, turbo header in a box

Lots of long term storage on this topic! 

Mine is a 2002ti 1969, stored for 20 years. Frozen engine but not bad overall.  Purchased for $2,000 and back on the road after 2 years.  Not the best deal but it's a ti  :)

Others:

2002ti rusted and dented.  Re-sold and rebuilt to perfect condition by the new owner.  Priceless

Auto running part car $150.

Pierre

Pierre

69 02ti

91 318is

Well, I've had several awesome deals:

Free 1974 tii with 24k miles on it...sat in a garage in Detroit since 1979....

1974 tii that I bought at a car auction for $50 - Pontiac, MI

1967 1600 that I bought off Ebay for $106.50....no pictures....the guy won it in a poker game and couldnt sell it on his used car lot.....it had about $8000 worth of new parts in the trunk (no key) still in their boxss and bags - Cleveland

1972 I bought off ebay back in 2000....Derby, NY.....$125...ended up driving it back to Michigan

I could go on with the other 83 cars I've bought since 1999.....I haven't paid over $700 for any of the 87 cars I've owned...

My current 1974 restomod was purchased from a guy in Columbus OH....he got it from T.C. Kline of Kline Motorsports....I paid $500 for the car and he even trailered it to my house.

Edited by 2002Monster

500 Benjamins for my Rhiannon, 76 Golfie original paint, lots of details but for once I reached daily driver status and dont need a paint job. My first was a $375 Pic-n-pull find, 3 month build including paint, 75k miles later sold for $4500, been hooked ever since, of course I broke my neck in the back seat of the original beast but thats a hole nother story. Love it

Happy Trails to u~ Dave Miller
76 Golf~Rhiannon~BM Mascot~*~97 328is~Silver Ghost~*~68 1600~Wisperin Beast~*~70-02~Bumble Beast~*~76 02~Beast~

Keep smilin all the way

Well, I can't beat LJtii's story, but I bought my '71 1600 in 1979 in LA from the original owner.  Shortly after I sold it in 1986, the local sheriff's office called me and told me they found my car.  "My" car?  The buyer had never re-registered the car, and it was found abandoned by the side of the road.  The sheriff impounded the car, and put it up for auction.  I went to the sheriff's auction sale, got there early, and found my old hide-a-key in the rear bumper.  The car started right up.  I bid $300.00, and drove the car home.  Had it another 10 years after that.

I always do it right the second time.

1970 2002 Chamonix (Fiona)

1976 2002 Chamonix (Blanche), '73 2002 Colorado (Nemo), '72 2002 Riviera, '74 2002 Atlantik, '71 1600 Sahara (Binkley) all sold

Well, I can't beat LJtii's story, but I bought my '71 1600 in 1979 in LA from the original owner.  Shortly after I sold it in 1986, the local sheriff's office called me and told me they found my car.  "My" car?  The buyer had never re-registered the car, and it was found abandoned by the side of the road.  The sheriff impounded the car, and put it up for auction.  I went to the sheriff's auction sale, got there early, and found my old hide-a-key in the rear bumper.  The car started right up.  I bid $300.00, and drove the car home.  Had it another 10 years after that.

Sounds like a great deal, even earned some bank! :P

-Slavik

we (by we, I mean me) just found two 71 4sp rust buckets for $1000 in north bay area of california.  one had no motor and a big rust hole under the driver seats with hood and deck lid good for making tin cans out of... the other is more promising but both likely to get fiberglass body parts  - two years ago I found an "almost running" good restoration project for $2200 (*talked down from 2500) also a four speed and came with some extra parts - Ive caged that one and now it's pretty  - one day I will figure out how to post pictures but if it makes it to the brisbane show some may see it there  :wub:

Edited by littlelina

we (by we, I mean me) just found two 71 4sp rust buckets for $1000 in north bay area of california.  one had no motor and a big rust hole under the driver seats with hood and deck lid good for making tin cans out of... the other is more promising but both likely to get fiberglass body parts  - two years ago I found an "almost running" good restoration project for $2200 (*talked down from 2500) also a four speed and came with some extra parts - Ive caged that one and not its pretty  - one day I will figure out how to post pictures but if it makes it to the brisbane show some may see it there  :wub:

you just need a bucket of photos!!!