Cutting Holes Near Gas Tank

Canefan

I am cutting 2 small holes near the gas tank so as to put on an old rear bumper on my 76. Made 2 nice ones on drivers side with my dremel cutoff tool. Do I need to worry about the sparks so near the tank on the pass. side. There is no gas smell as far as I can tell. The dremel does not throw many sparks, what do you think?

to save you a lot of trouble, I have a bracket set that will slide in the stock ports.

( shown in Scott's photo) for $88. shipped.  after all the drilling, you are still mounting

your bumper bracket to un-reinforced sheet metal--not that strong.

if you use the port mount, you AND your friends can stand on the bumper.

Anton

• 2 weeks later...

Sislane, can you identify the blue on your car by a name or number? It looks great.

Thanks... I had a pile of body work done last year and repainted. I picked out the color from a paint book, got the darkest blue I could find without looking black in daylight. (it looks black in poor lighting). I need to get the paint code, it's not an original color. "GM Dark Sapphire Blue" - and today I was told "I added black to make it darker and more to your liking". I also had "pearl" added to it, so when the light hits it it has a subtle affect.

Scott Sislane

post-33489-0-60862700-1369453500_thumb.j

Edited by sislane