I Got My New Personalized License Plates

Stu

Tom,

Your folks' tii is the spitting image of our '71 2002, which my dad bought new. Colorado Orange, Amco overrider bars--and I like their fogs and Cibie headlights! Oh, and the plate is really great, too. ;)  I'm sure you've mentioned it before, but doesn't that VIN make it just the seventh or eighth tii imported? I don't have my Restoration Guide handy...

07OrangeCar.jpg

02DadnDave.jpg

-Dave

Stu,

I spent some time in Santa Monica in 1979, but I never saw that plate .....

Cheers,

Carl

p.s.  ever chug a beer at the old Fox Inn on Wilshire Blvd ??

Siggy soggy siggy soggy, hoy hoy hoy!!  Uh, maybe a few times. . . .I was in Santa Monica, but moved to San Diego to attend SDSU in August '79.  I kept the blue plate on the car until 1983, when I moved to Seattle.

Siggy soggy siggy soggy, hoy hoy hoy!!   one of my favorite sounds ...... my first visit there was early June 1974 ...... chugged a couple of beers standing on my head, it wasn't pretty.

and somehow you and I were never "small world" .... we were "big world" so we never met .......  I started at SDSU in August '79, over in the engineering school.  My tii transported quite a few kegs to the back patio of the engr'ing school on many a Friday afternoon.  I departed SDSU in DEC 1982 and moved to L.A.  My tii spent quite a bit of time on campus.

Cheers,

Carl

Edited by OriginalOwner