kaczorp

Looking For A Shell

5 posts in this topic Last Reply

If anyone knows of or willing to sell a 2002 shell (preferably square tail, roundie is fine as well) please let me know. I bough my first 02 2 years ago and I thought I did my home work..... I think my 02 is beyond repair (and the size of my wallet) but I have all the good pieces that I can swap.

I bought a 75 2002 a number of months back for a father son project. It appears I may have taken on more than we can handle. I have bought a number of brake and clutch parts to make the car stop and go properly and in the process of installing these items. The engine runs, but needs a fuel pump.The interior is mostly missing, and the sunroof drain system has perished. The overall condition of the body is OK I think, with some minor surface rust here and there. Let me know if you would like to see pictures and we can go from there.

Mike

Where are you located?  Awhile back there was one on CL Orlando and I think Gbare, here (and on facebook too, I think Vintage BMW) had one.

How bad is bad?

I am in Tampa (actually Brandon, but close enough). How bad? Probably repairable, which I will try to attempt (never welded before, how hard could it be......) The following needs attention: spare tire well, driver side shock tower (temporary patch for now), both rear side widows need attention, rain gutters, driver and passenger floor boards, rear floor boards where the suspension comes through the floor (friend welded metal patches), I can check the thread of the passenger tire when I open the glove box, front window on passenger side needs attention. And then the hood, trunk and doors all need fixing, if not replaced.  I am sure that I am missing a few spots but that should paint the picture.

BTW did you happen to go to the Central FL drive to St. Pete a couple of weeks back?

I bought a 75 2002 a number of months back for a father son project. It appears I may have taken on more than we can handle. I have bought a number of brake and clutch parts to make the car stop and go properly and in the process of installing these items. The engine runs, but needs a fuel pump.The interior is mostly missing, and the sunroof drain system has perished. The overall condition of the body is OK I think, with some minor surface rust here and there. Let me know if you would like to see pictures and we can go from there.

Mike

Mike - yes, please send me some pictures (kaczorp@gmail.com).

Yeow!  Sounds like swiss cheese.  Sounds like Mike has a possible.  I'll keep an eye out,

I actually missed the St Pete run.  I'll try again.  Good luck sourcing!