Cyclone101

2002Ti Info Thread

29 posts / 11885 viewsLast Reply

(edited)

I the spirit of this group -sharing and educating- I think we need to create a collective resource of all things TI, here you can post pictures and any info regarding the cars in question to make it easier to find for others in the future.

I hope CD sees this ;)

We need someone to do a little write-up of the ti and the main differences. I will leave it up to you to decide if you want to, if we don't get any takers I will do it when time allows.

I will start off with a few pictures

post-39195-0-56000500-1368184924_thumb.j

post-39195-0-26255400-1368184941_thumb.j

post-39195-0-03677600-1368184969.jpg

Edited by Cyclone101

Took these shots today for posterity and to show what I think is a pretty original ti dash.

I changed out the original wheel to my old Personal wheel that I've had for about 15 years. I prefer it for day to day driving.

post-33053-0-31300000-1405884476_thumb.j

post-33053-0-48116200-1405884517_thumb.j

Just for the record, the correct oil filter for the ti is the Mann H 601.

I ordered mine through Application Associates, 252 Lackland Drive, Middlesex, New Jersey.

$57.24 for a case of 10 + $26.70 shipping. Had to pay some duty to cross the border too.

Took about 6 weeks. 

Thanks, I just ordered some yesterday from Blunt.  He can also supply the seals for the Purolator cannister.

(edited)

Here is the Alpina promotional foto of a brand new BMW 2002ti engine bay showing the Alpina conversion to 45 DCOE 15 & 16. The conversion uses the cable throttle linkage as preferred by Bovensiepen over the factory ti linkage in the interest of proven race reliability.

This appears to be a freshly built 2002ti Gr2 car with short air horns on the 45 Webers 

for high rpm power and entirely lacking an air cleaner. There is also the Alpina large capacity radiator in place of the OEM radiator and no power draining cooling fan on the engine.

Note the much copied Alpina valve cover cosmetics.

IMG_1387.JPG

Edited by Flunder

On 9/9/2018 at 12:47 PM, Flunder said:

IMG_1380.JPG

IMG_1381.JPG

IMG_1385.JPG

Nice graphics. The top picture (to me) looks like NK application due to straight air horns and unique alternator fan.  Interesting ground wire for alternator (engine mount versus front timing cover).

I am looking for engine bay pics from original 1600Ti brochures. I have a stack of early NK/501/2000Ti/700 brochures, but not quite what I need. Thank you for any pics,

Nate Williams

[email protected]

(edited)

Nate:

Here are the only two 1600ti brochures I am aware of.  They don't show much of the engine bay, just the PHHs.  I checked BMW archives, and they don't have any additional info I could find.  You might try digging around their archives though.

Andy

1600ti brochure english.pdf

1600_1600ti brochure.pdf

Edited by Jam3422