Pass Turn Signal Coming On With Lights, Help

So I got a relay harness for my h4's' in the process of trying to get this installed I noticed My passenger side turn signal light coming on full (not blinking) when I turn the lights on. I've been messing around trying to fix, but with our string of nice days about to go away I'd like to get it out! Hope you can help, I'm sure its something stupid (yes, it still does this after removing the harness from the pass side

Thanks,

Bryan

Red73

Uh, both turn signal lights are suppossed to come on with the light switch in either of its two positions - both should be on in the parking light position and with the switch in the headlight position.  If I understand your description correctly your problem is that the driver's side parking light is not coming on, as it should, with the headlights.

Bob Napier

Edited by Napes

they are fused separately I believe, or at least on 12 fuse cars unless if I am getting my head jumbled. Make sure all of the bulbs are the exact same ones in the proper wattage. the "LL" just means long life, a non LL works just as well, but I haven't seen them in a while. Make sure you don't put the brake light into the running light or it will melt the housing. do a search and you can find a lot on getting the lights back up to the condition they are meant to be in.

Parking light

1157LL

rear turn signal, brake light

1156LL

tail light, sidemarker

Reverse light

1003LL

Instrument light

194 LL

Rocan is correct on the fuses.  At least on 12-fuse square-lite cars the left-side parking signals, both front and rear, are on fuse #7, the right sides on on fuse #8.  Therefore, you might want to take at close look at fuse #7 and see why the parking light is not coming on when it should.  Remove the fuse and inspect the ends as well as cleaning up the fuse holder.

As with nearly everything electrical on our cars, the first thing to check is the fuses.  Fortunately, that's a really easy thing to do on our cars.

Bob Napier

Bryan, I think you may have the wires running to the parking light and the front turn signal reversed.  Your '73 uses  bulbs with two filaments: the 5 watt filament is the parking light, and stays on with the headlights when you turn 'em on (older 02s don't).  The 21 watt filament is the turn signal and of course blinks when you engage the steering column lever.  If the bright filament is coming on with the headlights, then you need to swap wires in that particular turn signal/parking light unit.  Takes about 2 minutes.  

cheers

mike