Differential Rebuild - Looking For Nc Contact

worzella

Free at last - free at last - those pesky diff flange to driveshaft bolts finally lost the battle and my '75 diff is finally off the body and on the floor of my shop. But I have soooooooo many other things to work on (and I don't have the chops to do it myself!) so I am looking for a contact in Raleigh or NC area where I can drop it off and write a check and have it broken down, inspected and rebuilt as needed.

Any suggestions? I think Bob Breed (sp?) is in the area and Shade Tree is a choice and maybe Korman in Greensboro?

Oh and I  also got my stub axles out of the trailing arms and the bearings from the cylinder.... but managed to whack my thumb with a 4lb sledge.... ouchhhh....stupid mistake but worth it to know I can now send the subframe, trailing arms and backing plates to the powder coater - woo hoo!!!!!

I don't know about rebuilding a diff at any of the 3 shops you've mentioned but they're all good.  Bob's shop is Apex Vintage.  I'd guess that Apex Vintage or Korman would be more likely to rebuild a diff, while Shade Tree could probably find you a good used one.

Henry Lawrence (in Reidsville I think) can build one hell of an engine.  I don't know if he does diff work.  My dealiings with him resulted in a very well built, strong engine way behind schedule.