Still Looking For An 02

Stuart

All -

The search continues.  Month 3 of trying to get back to my car roots with an 02.  I check multiple internet sites multiple times each day and for the most part I see the same cars day in and day out.  Frustration is setting in.  Looking for a 72 or 73.  Going back and forth on whether I want a tii or a non tii that I do a motor for.  Tough choice.  I see lot's of tiis but most are either "done" and cost a small fortune or they are a complete restoration projects.  Looking for something in between.  So far most non tiis are close but a little overpriced and perhaps being dragged up by what people see the tiis listed for.

Here is what I am looking for:

72 or 73

Considering tii or non tii (for a non tii I will do a motor as I love the look and sound of an 02 with sidedrafts)

Driver quality original paint if possible

All trim and bumpers in place and not painted

Will entertain most exterior colors but if pressed Chamonix is the preference

Driver quality interior - Will do new carpet and seats - no color preference if it makes sense with exterior

Suspension - Can be lowered, not slammed, but will do tasteful lowering if not yet done 

Driver motor preferred as I would like to drive it while I do a motor

4 or 5 speed but not a show stopper

So yes I am being picky which is making the search more tough.   One thing I have found is that there are no limits in terms of the crazy things that have been done to these very nice cars. 

Looking for one to love and take care of, cash in hand and ready to buy the right car.  Please reach out if you know of one or know of a website listing I should be watching.

Stuart