Ct Car Show 5/5 - Yikes....

So, with my overly stickered car, I have little room for criticism. That said, there was quite the import show in Connecticut Sunday. My first sniff was on my ride back from the grocery store- I was in my E30 and surrounded by a pack of WRXs with fart cans, pillar gauges, and insane toe-in. All day I could hear angry mosquito exhausts on the main road. Lots of cars with rims painted in stunningly uncoordinated colors flashed by at regular intervals... I figured something was up, but I didn't figure out what until later in the day...

I took the sticker car to Petsmart for dog food in the afternoon. I had cars pulling k-turns to follow me. By the time I got to the store I was terrified on an unbelievable level. Cars followed me in the lot. About a dozen.

Once I overcame my terror, the guys seemed okay. But, let's be honest- my car is a pile of crap compared to most of yours. These guys were horny over it. My quick run to feed the animal turned into quite the journey. Though I disagree with their choices in modifications, these guys were genuinely interested and actually fairly knowledgable. I guess car modifications aren't that far off clothing choices- no accounting for taste! We're all bound by a passion for our cars, though, and that's pretty damn cool.

I totally hear you. It is always nice to talk with another car person, always more in common than not. My interest is always in sharing a common hobby, but more so, to learn what really compells someone's specific taste in a car. Some people like aesthetics, some like attention, some want to fit in, some are turned on by power, some get off on economy, some grew up with a car.

That being said, i don't care for riced out crap boxes. I dig artistry, personality, precision and skill, just not fake intakes and huge wings. I always preferred function over flare, history over hype. Stanced to me is fine only until is hampers lap times and functionality. But then I am sure some people have plenty to say about me in my black e90 suit... And a few have said it as I found my way into a common stereotype.

At the end of the day however I could care less based on how others judge me by what I drive, and I hope the ricers know enough to think the same. It is nice to discuss those differences and similarities openly and respectfully. I always enjoy it.