New E10 Product Launch

BLUNT

Have a look at the first in a line of E10 products we are developing along with Condor Speed Shop. We took Condors proven track record along with our knowledge of the E10 platform and set out to make an exceptional product for our beloved chassis.
We have the motor mounts ready for release after thorough testing in Condors track rat.
These utilize larger stronger studs so please be aware youll need to slightly enlarge the passenger side subframe holes, Easily done from under the vehicle.
These are made from UHMW. We also have the full line of suspension bushings in production and will be done soon.

Please see link here for further info
http://bmw.blunttech.com/E10-M10-Solid-Motor-Mount-Set-UHMW-p98803.html

1311_zps7d6b219a.jpg

Edited by BLUNT

Thanks Steve - will be interesting to see how these mounts perform in the long run versus stock M10 mounts and other aftermarket ones.  

UHMW does mean something (especially to someone like me in the plastics industry).  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-high-molecular-weight_polyethylene

BTW - some suspension bushings are made of delrin.  One of my customers (in VA and PA) makes delrin rods and pieces for many industrial uses.  One product is for the Bowflex exercise machine.  

Thanks Steve - will be interesting to see how these mounts perform in the long run versus stock M10 mounts and other aftermarket ones.  

UHMW does mean something (especially to someone like me in the plastics industry).  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultra-high-molecular-weight_polyethylene

BTW - some suspension bushings are made of delrin.  One of my customers (in VA and PA) makes delrin rods and pieces for many industrial uses.  One product is for the Bowflex exercise machine.  

Ha!  Jim - you'll be happy to know we are working on some equipment that uses PEEK and PEEKEK (I think it's PEEKEK).  Hard to keep all of those ethyl keytones squared away.

Blunt - looks cool.  How is their driver's side mount different from the equivalent IE mount?  Have they seen mount failure?

Rocan - the stock mounts are fine, unless they are 40 years old.  

Cool! I'm guessing they are a ton firmer then poly bushings? How well do they dampen vibrations? 

UHMW the best of both worlds. You get the stiffness of aluminum mounts and bushings, With the vibration characteristics of polyurethane. Another benefit is the fact that you do not need to lubricate any bushings. There is almost no vibration transmitted after a full rear suspension install... Until you do the differential mount. The differential mount and the transmission mounts are your biggest source of vibration

Ha!  Jim - you'll be happy to know we are working on some equipment that uses PEEK and PEEKEK (I think it's PEEKEK).  Hard to keep all of those ethyl keytones squared away.

Blunt - looks cool.  How is their driver's side mount different from the equivalent IE mount?  Have they seen mount failure?

Ken  The difference is in material. No failures of any Condor mounts. IE mounts do a good job .. I have had them in my M2 for 42k hard miles and they have performed well... Im going to swap to the UHMW as soon as I get my car out for a head to head comparison

I'm all for the stock mounts; Poly is nice for suspension bushings where there is a lot of deflection, but for drivetrain mounts the benefits of poly do not outweigh the negatives on anything other than a track car. I was just curious how UHMW performs since I am not familiar with it's use in drivetrain mounts. My experience with UHMW stems from the motorcycle world and using it as sliding material for clothing and as sliders for chains/ other bits. 

The driver's side mount is a bolt-through design meaning that no matter the vibration dampening characteristics of the material used, it will transmit much more vibration directly through the bolt.  Any bolt-through design is ,very simply put, a skinny solid mount.  As for the vibration characteristics of UMHW, it does dampen more than a metal, but no where near an 80A-type urethane.

In a nut shell UMHW is much stiffer than urethane, it is comparable to Delrin and softer metals (brass, aluminum).   The nice thing is the material cost of UMHW is extremely cheap.  It's nice to see another option out there, and I have nothing against it, however I don't want it to be perpetrated as something its not.  I've driven with some UMHW prototype bushings and kept with the urethane, obviously results may vary.

I like UHMW nylon for things like rear subframe 'hard mounts' that have to flex, slide and give a bit during mounting,

and then don't ever move after that.  Used quite a bit of it in the Pro3 car, with much lack of failure so far.

For motor mounts, it's nicer than aluminum, because it gives enough that slight misalignment won't bind-

the UHMW deflects and slides.  But it's just about the same durometer, as in, it's not going to give much isolation!

Cool.

t

Cool! I'm guessing they are a ton firmer then poly bushings? How well do they dampen vibrations? 

They don't dampen vibrations. For all practical purposes UHMW (a high density polyethylene) is a rigid material. I would not use it for engine mounts in a street-car.