What Shoes Should I Wear Today?

Stu

oh...i have needed counseling for a long time.  that is just the 2002 collection.  there is also an E36 M3 collection, an E30 collection and an E46 collection.  yes...i have a "shoe" problem... :ph34r:

think you have me beat with the two of a kind in different sizes card though!  nice!

Edited by mlytle

Harv, yes they are they E21 wheels.  I had the E21 basketweaves on a prior car, and really liked the way the increased offset made the car feel.  More stable, and it seemed to track better.  However, the 15's with Yokohama S-Drives are the best.  The tradeoff is ride smoothness.  Seattle is turning into one big pothole, and the 50 series tires let you know every time you've graced one.

Stu.

How much difference (if any) is there in ride and handling between the 13's and the 15's?

Thanks,

Rob

BIG difference.  ride much harsher with the 15's....you feel everything.  BUT, handling much better...you feel everything... :)

this is assuming you are running equal performance level tires on both size wheels.  you could put a Hoosier on the 13's and a crap all season tire on the 15's and the results would be reversed.

Edited by mlytle

Glad to see I'm not the only wheel whore on the board:  two sets of OEM 4.5" steel wheels, a set of 5" tii steel wheels, a set of early style 2002 factory alloys, a set of E21 BBS mesh wheels with Pirellis on 'em, a set of E30 BBS mesh wheels, and a set of E30 steel wheels.  Plus of course the wheels on my cars...

mike

• 1 month later...

hey stu,

on both sets of your wheels, where did you get your centre caps?  i see you have a set of BMW and one set of Alpinas.  I really like the look of your 15' rims, These look exactly like the set up i am getting - 195/50 s-drives with the alpina replicas.  Just wanted to check in with you and see where you purchased the centre caps with the alpina logo.

Great shots!

Thanks,

Emmet

hey stu,

on both sets of your wheels, where did you get your centre caps?  i see you have a set of BMW and one set of Alpinas.  I really like the look of your 15' rims, These look exactly like the set up i am getting - 195/50 s-drives with the alpina replicas.  Just wanted to check in with you and see where you purchased the centre caps with the alpina logo.

Great shots!

Thanks,

Emmet

Those are the Rota center caps.  I bought a set of Alpina emblems from Rogers Tii and glued them on.  The Rota cap emblem is recessed a bit, and I made little rounds out of styrofoam and glued them onto the Rotas.  Then, there was more or less a flat surface to glue the Alpina emblems on.  It's been 7 months now, and they haven't fallen off yet!