Mid-Atlantic Vintage Convoys

M2M3

The Vintage is coming up fast...

-who from the area is going?

- when are you leaving?

Jim and I plus a friend with an E30M3 are planning to depart from alexandria, va thursday morning.  we are heading down 95,195/powhite parkway around west side of richmond, 360, 58 (right by VIR!), 29.  I have a friend along the way just west of richmond who owns a greek-italian restaurant that will be a stopping point for lunch on way down and/or dinner on way back.

here is link to the route

http://binged.it/10eKNbZ

care to join us?

or what route are you taking?

Edited by mlytle

Adding to Marshall's post:

I believe we are planning to leave Alexandria just after the morning rush hour mess (even though SB 95 should be clear).  

If you have an EZ Pass, please remember to bring it, as there will be a couple tolls near Richmond (I forgot mine last year).

This route is a welcome change from the boring, semi-truck filled I-81 route and a little faster than the trip down Route 29.  

This is not a "Cannonball Run" drive, nor is it a "beat the Prius gas mileage" drive.  We will be on vacation enjoying the trip to the Vintage.

and if anyone has anything big they need to bring to vintage...my 2002 will be in my small enclosed trailer behind my F250.  lots of spare room.  pretty sure i will not have any trouble keeping up with the rest of you!

and if you have some of those little FRS handheld radios, bring them.  make for great car to car comms on the way down.

if you are old school....i have a CB radio in the truck.

Edited by mlytle

I'll be coming once again. I still don't have an easypass.

Just for reference, what I and others have done for years is to meet at the Cracker Barrel off I-66 in Manassas around 10AM, then go West to US 29 and take that South.

Edited by Bill_Riblett

Bill - are you and Matthew planning to take the route down 29?  Anyone know about the others coming down from MD/NJ/PA/NY?

This is the first I have discussed this with anyone this year.

I prefer taking US 29 because you don't have to take I-95 at all.  and as you know, it is just generally a much nicer ride.

I had forgotten, but Matthew worked for a while last year and so we met at the Fredericksburg I-95 rest stop after he left from work.  I got there about 10AM and traffic got a lot heavier by the time Matthew got there.  

I can meet you guys at Marshall's.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.
With your permission we and our partners may use precise geolocation data and identification through device scanning. You may click to consent to our and our partners’ processing as described above. Alternatively you may access more detailed information and change your preferences before consenting or to refuse consenting. Please note that some processing of your personal data may not require your consent, but you have a right to object to such processing. Your preferences will apply to this website only. You can change your preferences at any time by returning to this site or visit our privacy policy.