1602 Donor Car For 2002

Hey guys.

It's been a while since I've posted here. Good thing is that I have been running my car as a DD for the last 2 or 3 months, have put about 3000 kms on it in that time and the car is as strong as ever. 
Not too long ago a guy flagged me down in traffic to tell me he had one 'just like mine' that he's trying to get rid of. He gave me his card, we checked it out and turns out it was 'like mine', just a lot more run down :)
It's a 1602. My mate and I bought the thing for R10 000 (about $1100), the idea being that this car would act as a donor car for mine (take all the good bits) and then my mate would use the shell to build a race car. It must be said, that for a car that has been standing for 20 years, according to the owner, the body is in fantastic shape (aside from some minor surface rust).
To cut to the chase, today I removed my passenger seat to see if the 1602 seat would go in. Problem is that my seats are not original. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe them to be from an E30. Whoever mounted them in my car cut out the original seat rails (which are welded to the body) and bolted the new seat rails through the floor. Boo for that move.
What would you guys recommend I do? We were thinking of cutting the floor mounted rails out of the 1602 to weld into mine and re-attach the seats like that. Thoughts on that? Any other ideas as to how we could best do this?
I've got a 'fresh' set of carpets, dash, centre console and all sorts of interior bits that I want to put into my car, but the seats are my major concern right now as I want to be able to do an entire interior refitting once the seats go in properly.
One other thing. Some of the foam in the seats seems to have gone 'crunchy' or brittle. Any way of restoring it's softness?

Sorry about the long post.

I've attached 2 images of the car and some of the bits we've stripped from it.

Thanks all!!!

post-38084-0-75253700-1367605463_thumb.j

post-38084-0-00529000-1367605499_thumb.j

Edited by SA2002Guy

Two thoughts- 

if you want your car to be bone stock, by all means swap in the stock style mounts.

A race car won't need or want them, so it's all win.

That said, I spent a lot of time on seats that had 'crispy foam' and they deteriorated 

after a few months and were flat and pointless.

But sure, a 1600 is lots of good 2002 donor parts....

t