Restorations Work?

Hi Jon. I agree, if it needs structural work, best to do it now. But I also know that if you're doing that, well, might as well do the whole thing.

I am kind of in that place with mine too. It's a tough call. I know you will never sell yours, so why not just keep driving as it is, but start stockpiling the things it will need in the future. I see HanksJim has a bunch of ti parts for sale right now in the parts section. Might be worth investigating. Maybe you should buy my car as a back up!

My filter housing is not attached, but I assume you want to know where to weld the brackets?

My rear bracket( closest to the firewall) is 195mm ( 7.677 inches according to google) from my firewall measured perpendicularly to the firewall to the top of the bracket against the fender.

If this is not helpful I can dig out my housing and get the measurements at a different location. Let me know.

Regards Jacques

See picture for a better Idea of what I did.

post-39195-0-31225100-1368451732_thumb.j

Edited by Cyclone101
added a picture depicting measurement.

Jon's car isn't THAT bad....LOL!  I'd say just take care of it, keep it inside, maintain it, and yes, stash parts to fix it up so that when the time comes to pass it along in the family, you have the parts.  Or if you suddenly become very wealthy with some tech idea.

JIm Gerock - I'd think the ti airbox mounts are mounted in very close to the same as the ti, if not the same.  Probably made on the same assembly line....

vince

• 2 months later...

Thank you Jacques.

I guess my first picture did not post well. I positioned the brackets (not welded yet) based on measuring my tii brackets. Here are more (with apologies for hijacking Jon's thread). Jon - I guess I owe you a couple beers if you are going to V@V.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Soooo sorry jgerock, I forgot completely to fit my i take and get measurements for you. I will do it this weekend if you still need it.

Just for clarity sake, from the firewall up to what point of the intake do you want the measurement?

Regards

Jacques