Trying To Raise Funds For An Electric Trike For Jenna...

Rob I feel Like its been forever, have you posted any updates anywhere? You are never far from my thoughts when i visit here. I was new to the site when it all happend but allways tried to check in on your thred.. Or am I just missing things?

Ill click over and give a little love....

Rob I feel Like its been forever, have you posted any updates anywhere? You are never far from my thoughts when i visit here. I was new to the site when it all happend but allways tried to check in on your thred.. Or am I just missing things?

Ill click over and give a little love....

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/topic/138775-hello-faqer-americans/

:)

-Rob

Update:  So far we have $205 towards Jenna's e-trike.  THANKS for your generosity.  You know who you are.  The spontaneous generosity of random humans on the internet is amazing.  Anyway, If you wouldn't mind, even if you don't donate, you can help by just "liking" or "sharing" the Fundrzr link on facebook or twitter.  That link is:

https://fundrazr.com/campaigns/eV8W4

Jenna's facebook page is:

https://www.facebook.com/jenna.shisler

on her page you can see her "old" trike which is what I bought her last year before the road trip, but it has been a real challenge to get her used to riding it.  I really think the electric-assisted trike, which is a more utilitarian design than the "cruiser" one she has now, will just be easier for her to use in general.  If and when we raise the funds for Jenna's e-trike, I will donate the existing one to Goodwill.

My facebook page is:

https://www.facebook.com/PoliticsNerd

I am trying to avoid politics on my page right now even though I am normally throwing it down (the Ryan budget was a direct threat to Jenna's quality of life).  Now you will see a lot of God stuff, ... yeah... Anyway.

Jenna is asleep right now as I type this.  My back has been killing me lately.  I have allowed myself to get WAY overweight... I stress eat I guess.  And this is a stressful job even though from the outside it must look easy.  I wonder what my neighbors think.  Jenna still gets loud sometimes.  She's not the only one sometimes.  Anyway,,,, still getting ready for the road trip.  I think I am going to just start a new blog on a new website to keep track of the new changes that are about to take place.  We are entering an entirely new phase of this recovery.  It has been a lllllloooooooong road as most of you know.  Going on ten years now.  But its going to get really really entertaining and mind blowing so I want to make sure to prepare for what is coming.

Right now I am gearing up to go outside and work on the black car some more, or work on the lawnmowers, or both.  With my bad back I have to get going on pain medicine well in advance of trying to actually go do work.  But if I don't go do work, I will just have worse and worse back problems.  The specific medicine is not a narcotic or anything like that.  It is actually a combination of things that works for me.  But it takes a while to build up in your system and permeate the whatever anatomy down there that is the problem.

Anyway,,,,  Thanks and I'll update more when it happens. ;)

funny as i am into this, been searching here and there to find a proper trike for my particular needs. I found the TERRATRIKE to be very nice, but what i want to do is something much crazy.

i want to make myself a electric crazy trike. i have two ETEK 15hp DC motors...

there is a guy on e-bay who sells plans to make one form scratch with commonly available parts. only need to find some used bikes.

best of luck.

Got a new blog going.  The old jennaishealed.org site was about to expire so I decided to just start a new one with new Wordpress software. I had wanted to change the site's name for a long time anyway.  The new site is:

www.jennaisrestored.org

Also we are up to $425 on the e-trike fundraising thingie!!  Thanks so much for incredible generosity.  You know who you are. :)

-Rob

We are hitting crunch time!!  SUPERTHANKS to everyone who has helped so far!  This is the last time I will post about this short of doing updates...  

Please help if you can.  We have gotten contributions from $5 to $200 and welcome them all!  I make $8/hr taking care of Jenna's basic needs/safety here at home.  It is a PRIVLEDGE to be able to be in the position to do this for her.  That being said, there is no way we could afford this trike right now.  The soonest I'd be able to afford it would be after the first of the year next year when tax refunds come out.  We really want to be able to get her on the trike this summer on our LONG road trip from Indiana to Seattle, down to L.A., then back towards Indy through the Utah desert.  The existing trike we have just does not work for her.  The new one is based on a "delivery trike" commercial design which I think would be easier for Jenna to negotiate in general.  That it has assistive electric motivation also will allow her to basically have massive endurance so we can bike around as a family...

http://www.jennaisrestored.org/2013/05/crunch-time-on-the-jenna-trike-fund/

So far 100% of our donations have come from FAQers.  Could not be more proud of this community.  

Edited by robspeed