• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

About For Sale Forums, Cars & Parts

i sure would be nice to be able to reply to parts & cars for sale...knowing who has spoken for specific parts helps weed out parts no longer available

and often times others might make clarifications about the parts that are/were unknown to the seller, providing more helpful info

The thrill is GONE!

use of the PM to the poster eliminates the 'public forum' that

we used to enjoy. bring it back, please. it now feels very 'private'.

we know how many people 'viewed' but not how many 'responded'

and what that response was.

and who cares how many days are left, they all go to archives anyway

don't they?

• Administrators

I find it funny that for the last 6 years i kept getting complaint after complaint that we do not have PM enabled, now since we do, i get a complain, that it's too private. There is a way to ask a question in public, but people choose not to do that, i can't control that. 

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

I find it funny that for the last 6 years i kept getting complaint after complaint that we do not have PM enabled, now since we do, i get a complain, that it's too private. There is a way to ask a question in public, but people choose not to do that, i can't control that. 

respectfully...having the ability to PM has nothing to do with the ability to post replies or ask questions in the cars & parts for sale forums...i agree with the above, it's not interesting anymore...it's no different than looking at an ad on craigslist or in the back of hemmings...the ability to interact was the fun...

Ask away, the ability is there.

i'm gonna sit down a be good, promise, but one last question...does the new software not have the ability to make replying to parts or cars for sale available to users...if it does, what's your opposition to allowing in thread replies in those forums

thanks for your patience & toleration

There is a button there that allows you to ask the question in the ad, but what you want is the ability to ask that question in the forum. Is that correct?

put back the reply button and make the parts and cars for sale forums like they were before the upgrade to the new software...give us the ability to post questions and/or make comments, etc in the individual threads...allow the same interaction as in threads in general, events and the other forum categories... 

put back the reply button and make the parts and cars for sale forums like they were before the upgrade to the new software...give us the ability to post questions and/or make comments, etc in the individual threads...allow the same interaction as in threads in general, events and the other forum categories... 

Totally agree with this.

72 Tii

I am also looking for this feature to be available.  I posted a wanted ad but I'm not sure how people will be able to reply to me or how I can even comment on my original posting.

Thank you.

- Max

'72 2002

IE SS braided hoses

320i drum brakes

• Administrators

I am also looking for this feature to be available.  I posted a wanted ad but I'm not sure how people will be able to reply to me or how I can even comment on my original posting.

Thank you.

This is a screen shot of your ad. People responding can either send you information directly, or ask a question in the ad.

post-32029-0-01198300-1367348476_thumb.p

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

• 2 weeks later...

This is a screen shot of your ad. People responding can either send you information directly, or ask a question in the ad.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-04-30 at 11.57.20 AM.png

That's odd. I posted a "question" in this thread but I no longer see it there....

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/classifieds/item/166-about-perfect-scheel-model-200s/

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

Click on support topics on the right. Not sure I like it the way it is. Very low visibility

Hmm, that... could be more intuitive. ;)  Can you default it on?

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.