• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about creating a Comments tab to go along with the Overview and Questions tab?

Not being an 02 guru, I find the comments by many to be very educational.

But by far, the most important benefit of a comments tab would be be the smile I get when the poster is lacking information and Esty chimes in.

72 Tii

How about creating a Comments tab to go along with the Overview and Questions tab?

Not being an 02 guru, I find the comments by many to be very educational.

But by far, the most important benefit of a comments tab would be be the smile I get when the poster is lacking information and Esty chimes in.

:wub:....

Larry, FWIW, i couldn't agree more....the loss of ability to interact with the for sale forums was a huge step backwards for the forum...

• 1 month later...

Overall great work on the new forum design. Only a few nits to pick:

1. I do not like the "expired" feature because I often glean information from old ads (sometimes many years old)--part numbers, descriptions, price points, and useful discussions. Now they are gone. Suggest it be disabled.

2. Two "expired ads" are currently at the top of the list as "featured". This really does not make sense. Clicking on them returns "not found" Disabling the expiration feature will cure this issue.

3. On another topic (yes, I know there is a thread on this), long signatures and slideshows in every post by a member are a serious waste of bandwidth and screen space. Copying of images when quoting text is a similar waste, and really stupid when 3 people do it in a row. I know enough to edit when I quote, but not everyone does. Can the system be configured to paste only text when quoting?

Best regards,

Fred '74tii & '69 DCOE

--Fred

'74tii (Colorado) track car

'69ti (Black/Red/Yellow) rolling resto track car

'73tii (Fjord....RIP)

• Administrators

Overall great work on the new forum design. Only a few nits to pick:

1. I do not like the "expired" feature because I often glean information from old ads (sometimes many years old)--part numbers, descriptions, price points, and useful discussions. Now they are gone. Suggest it be disabled.

2. Two "expired ads" are currently at the top of the list as "featured". This really does not make sense. Clicking on them returns "not found" Disabling the expiration feature will cure this issue.

1. got rid of "expired" 

2. no more possibility of expired featured ads

steve k.

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

• 2 weeks later...

1. got rid of "expired" 

2. no more possibility of expired featured ads

steve k.

Good job Steve!

Cheers,

Ray

Stop reading this! Don't you have anything better to do?? :P
Two running things. Two broken things.

• 2 months later...

How about making a dropdown menu so we can go direct from a forum to the individual sections of the classifieds (parts, cars, wtb) instead of just to the classifieds section?

Also I like the bf.c feature where you can hover over the post topic and read a preview :D and where's the sunglasses smiley?

Cheers!

Ray

• Administrators
Also I like the bf.c feature where you can hover over the post topic and read a preview and where's the sunglasses smiley?

Hover over the topic, and a little arrow appears, click on it :) I think i like that more then hover to preview

steve k 

Get your 2002 FAQ merchandise from 2002FAQ Store

• 2 weeks later...

How about making a dropdown menu so we can go direct from a forum to the individual sections of the classifieds (parts, cars, wtb) instead of just to the classifieds section?

Also I like the bf.c feature where you can hover over the post topic and read a preview :D and where's the sunglasses smiley?

Cheers!

Oh I see the itemized dropdown menu is available at the "forums" heading, but not at the "market" heading at the right. I'll just remember to use the former ;-)

Ray