Sign in to follow this  
AbnMike

74 tii Clone (San Diego) (wanted?)

1 post / 331 viewsLast Reply

I didn't get in touch with Gordon in time to check out his car that was newly listed but once I got back into San Diego I heard from a friend about a 2002 that may or may not be for sale.

It's a 74 "tii" - meaning a 74 with a 73 tii motor and 5 speed transmission (if I have my facts right, I'm running on a wave of exhaustion right now. I know it's a 5 speed, iffy on the model years, pretty sure it's a getrag).

The owner is a local and mentioned it used to be "Bill's autocross car" or something similar. I believe he said Bill Holmes, but again...exhaustion.

It's inka (orange) and original paint. Recaros that have some tears, the motor has been massaged and has a very loping cam, Anzi (?) exhaust and very tight suspension.

Dash is cracked but it's a very presentable driver. Has Campy wheels (not sure which ones but they're gray and the tire size is P185/70R13 (I took a picture of the tires because they're bad and I wanted to check on prices of replacements).

Apparently all the motor and suspension work was done by Bill...

Basically wondering if anyone knows the car, etc. Not that I don't trust the seller (friend of a friend) but trying to find out some more info on it.

Thanks