• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

passenger side motor mount bracket??

Dabliz02

I think I am missing my passenger side motor mount bracket. This is the only bracket I have and it doesn't seem to line up to any holes. Will be installing IE urethane mounts and I doubt the bolt end is larger than stock.

Car is a '74 M10 motor. Thank you!!

post-23300-13667670863042_thumb.jpg

Beast 02- '74 2002
Beast 35- '11 135i
The Twins!!!
O=00=O

And for the win:

Remember you must use an M8X20-8.8 philister head bolt. You get to that cap head bolt through a hole in the sub-frame.

Also, there should be a small gap between the limiting bracket and the motor mount.

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

ooohhhh!!!

ok C.D. I will drop it off to you tomorrow. Must have been that one crazy night. My apologies.

I will definitely look for the gap and everything. If I have any issues in the future when the engine/ trans goes in I will definitely holler!!

Happy Early Easter everyone!!!

Hide an egg in your 2002 for the kids.

Beast 02- '74 2002
Beast 35- '11 135i
The Twins!!!
O=00=O

look like the one pictured in jgerock's photo, remove, send to CD to populate his neighbor's pool and install the pictured one. Early cars have a simple, bent metal bracket that will stress fracture, causing your engine to drop down on the passenger side, causing all sorts of problems, including loss of steering when the oil pan jams against the center track rod. Change it sooner rather than later.

cheers

mike

'69 Nevada sunroof-Wolfgang-bought new
'73 Sahara sunroof-Ludwig-since '78
'91 Brillantrot 318is sunroof-Georg Friederich 
Fiat Topolini (Benito & Luigi), Renault 4CVs (Anatole, Lucky Pierre, Brigette) & Kermit, the Bugeye Sprite

This is the reason for the M8X20-8.8 philister (cap head) head bolt.

passengersidemotormountbolt_zpsb30a52e0.jpg

The arrow is pointing to where the cap head bolt goes and to get a wrench to it, you have to use a cap head bolt (M8X20-8.8)

Passengersidemotormount_zps885369f8.jpg

"90% of your carb problems are in the ignition, Mike."

1972 2000tii Touring #3422489

1972 2002tii with A4 system #2761680

FAQ member #5

Were there any changes made to the DRIVER's side mounting bracket? Can I just use the L-shaped bracket with the rectangular (newer style) mount? Both the 69 and 72 engines came with the older style round rubber mount.

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"

Jim, do you mean on your 72 or your 69?

This is a 72 driver's side motor mount:

Driverssidemotormount_zpsc9717040.jpg

Sorry Bill - I tried to clarify my question.

I'm using the newer rectangular rubber mount on the 69 (with 72tii engine). Can I just use the simple L-shaped metal mounting bracket? Or is there another style metal mounting bracket that somehow incorporates the battery ground mounting lug on the block?

pics11272010022.jpg

Jim Gerock

Riviera 69 2002 built 5/30/69 "Oscar"