AustrianVespaGuy

Opinions on Megasquirt EDIS advance table

5 posts / 1113 viewsLast Reply

Got all of the kinks worked out on my new engine and am now starting to dial in the tune. Trouble I'm having is with how much ignition advance I should be running. Looking over some other postings such as this one:

http://www.bmw2002faq.com/component/option,com_forum/Itemid,57/page,viewtopic/t,357278

I see people running INSANE amounts of advance, up to almost 60* BTDC and in the mid 40s* in the 2500 RPM area where stock I thought the M10 ran with about 25* of advance. In any case, my current spark table is attached, and seems to run pretty well, but I feel I should be making a little bit more power and after seeing these others I'm wondering if I should be running a good bit more advance. My specs are as follows:

IE 9.5:1 pistons

IE 284 cam w/single HD springs

MS2 w/EDIS

318i intake/325i throttle body

Supersprint headers

Also including data log, FWIW. Thanks for any thoughts!

-Carl

2013-03-12_16.40.16.zip

post-954-13667670836739_thumb.jpg

I have almost the exact same setup you have and I run the same table Dave Ganzer does in the thread you link to. It runs great! I definitely think you need more advance.

any changes from the table?  I am setting up.... running the same set up basically... :)

I'm running nearly exactly the same advance on my megajolt. I think I'm going to push the advance up to 40-42 degrees though since my motor is stock and I have had zero pinging under any conditions...