ringkingpin

New, young 2002 fan

9 posts / 767 viewsLast Reply

I just got his car on the road this past fall. I recently took my 2.5 year old for a ride in it and he LOVES it. He now goes bonkers if he sees it or a picture of it, lol. Standing proudly with his future prom ride:

IMG_63D97B55-96A2-4DBF-832C-84ECF8364399_lg.jpg

Very nice. My boys and I have decided to get an 02 that we can build up. I hope it will end up half as nice as yours!

Thank you for the kind words Stuart, I'm sure that yours will turn out great! More importantly, is the value of working on a project like that with your sons. They'll never forget it and they'll learn so much. As you can see, my guy is still a little young but he does help, handing me tools, wiping things down, cleaning, etc. It's amazing how respectful he is of the cars, I guess he sees me being very careful and wants to do the same. I'm looking forward to sharing my hobbies with him as he grows. :)

Mine are a little older. 2 in High School and 1 in College. Sounds like your boy will enjoy your car when the time comes. Hang on to it. My boy's and I were were going to restore my 73.5 911T but its going to cost too much as critters got to it while it was being stored at my parents. I had a 76 02 about 25 years ago. Sold it for the 911 and I'm still not sure why. My 76 was a blast to drive with sidedrafts, 304 shrick cam, 9.5 to 1, and it was lowered. These cars look great when you sit them down a little. My boys are ready to wrench on the car, I just need to find the right candidate. We'll see and I will post pics when we locate the right one.

Drive safe!

Thats awesome Geoff. My dad instilled the love of cars in me at a young age. We built several cars together,. Great memories

Those are the best memories. I grew up with an old 74" Range Rover and I'll never forget that car. For some reason when you are a tiny gearhead the first car you liked and remembered will always stick in your mind.

Make sure the seat rails are not rusted and have good quality seat belts for the little man.